Douze

Halden rolled over onto his side and looked across at Kay, hand on his boyfriend's cheek. The sun was streaming through the translucent curtains, painting swirling designs on the floor of the bedroom. A quiet song played from Halden's phone as the pair listened to it.

Halden slowly sat up in the bed, tangling his fingers through Kay's knotted hair, keeping his gaze softly on his boyfriend who was curled near him in the duvet.

"What do you think of this one babe?" He asked, and Kay shook his head.

"No, your music taste is abhorrent," Kay screwed up his face as he pushed himself up onto his elbows. "Give me the phone."

Halden handed over the phone with a chuckle as Kay stopped the song abruptly, typing in something else into the search bar and pressing play on a more upbeat song before giving the phone back to his boyfriend.

Kay leant forward and kissed Halden, grinning as he shook his head at the new track playing, He settled again, now sitting up and leaning his head on Halden's shoulder.

"I love you," Kay mumbled, closing his eyes as he relaxed in Halden's arms. "I love you so much, you know that, right?"

Halden nodded, wrapping his arm firmly around Kay's shoulders, as the midday sun wrapped itself around the bedroom. "I know that, Kay, and I love you too," he responded gently, moving again, this time gently tilting Kay's head to the side, kissing his nose when Kay looked at him straight on.

He put his hand under the duvet, easily finding Kay's hand and taking it in his own, firmly rubbing his thumb over the back of his boyfriend's hand.

"I would do anything for you," Kay mumbled, looking across at Halden – up at his unkempt hair, light green eyes, his evenly tanned face – everything Kay had fallen in love with.