Chapter 16

//Hope is being able to see that there is light despite of all the darkness//

You didn't feel like going to school the next day so you and Dove decided to stay home and take a break. It was just you at home since your mom, grandma, and sister decided to go to the mall to cheer you two up but you didn't feel like leaving the house.

You turned your phone off last night wanting a break from social media and everything. You got a book from the shelf and read the whole day sitting in your bed. The book was called the renegades. Book 1 of the trilogy. (I actually love the book series sm)

Just as you finished book 1 and was starting the second book you hear the bell ring from downstairs and frantic knocking. You groan getting up from your bed and going down the stairs. You open the door to see Ricky with a stressed look on his face. He immediately goes to hug you which surprised you but you hugged back.

"What's this for?" You ask not letting go from the hug.

"I was worried something happened. You weren't here today and you didn't answer my calls and texts."

"I'm sorry I turned my phone off and I needed a break from school," you say pulling away.

Ricky smiles softly. "It's okay. I'm just glad you're safe."

"So do you want to go upstairs and talk? My family is out right now and they probably won't be back for a couple hours. They take a while to shop," You say chuckling at the end. One time your mom spent hours at a store and only got one thing. It was a hat that said "Stay woke" it was an attempt for your mom to stay "hip and cool" as she likes to say it.

"Yeah I'd love to," Ricky smiles.

"Great," You grin grabbing his hand before leading him up the stairs.

You plop your self onto the bed next to Ricky. You two go under the covers before he puts his arm around you pulling you closer to him. "I missed this," Ricky mutters snuggling closer to you.

"Me too," You say smiling.

You two stayed quiet after that. You missed moments like this where you two can just sit there and enjoy being in each other's presence. But after a few minutes, you spoke up again.

"My dad was here yesterday," You say as Ricky looks down at you.

"What?"

"He wanted to be apart of Dove and I's life," You sigh. "we didn't feel the same way and he gave up."

"Are you okay?" Ricky asks.

"I'm better than I was yesterday now that you're here," You say looking up to meet his eyes.

"I love you Y/N" Ricky smiles.

You smile back leaning in to give him a soft kiss before pulling away, "I love you too Ricky,"

You continue laying on bed, content and happy with the boy next to you. No matter how shattered your heart was, Ricky will always be there to glue it back together.