Chapter 7

//It's amazing how a little tomorrow can make up for a whole lot of yesterday//

"Come on! We need our number 1 star!" Nini says calling you over. 

"I'm coming!" You say heading towards the stage. Nini gasps smiling before excitedly heading towards you. 

"Oh, my gosh, you look perfect! Yes!" Kourtney squeals. You were about to reply before you were cut off my Ricky.

"Okay, people, let's do this!" You turn around to see Ricky in his wig. 

"Oh my god! Ricky." You burst out laughing with the others. 

"What?" 

"I can't"

"There's...There's so much to talk about." Kourtney tried to contain her laughter, but couldn't contain it anymore.

"Wait, what's so funny?" Ricky jokes tossing his wig making Carlos chuckle. "pretty good right?" He chuckles walking towards you.

"The best," You chuckle shaking your head. 

"Thank you, I try," Ricky jokes flinging his wig. 

"Okay, guys. We're gonna get one in for practice, okay?" Big Red begins "we're all gonna jump on the count of three. Ready? One, two, three."

"Oh, my gosh. I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry," Kourtney says walking out.

"One, two, three," Big red restarts. 

It was a big mess: The letter L on the high school musical sign fell, everyone jumped at the wrong time, and apparently counting can be really hard. 

"Are we jumping on three or after three?" You ask confused.

"Yeah, the count of three, ready?" Big Red answers not actually helping.

"Nah man, you need some new words," Ricky cuts in as you nod agreeing. 

"I think I broke a heel," Seb cuts in.

Carlos sighs tired, "you guys, this isn't that hard. You smile, you leave the earth, you land." 

"It's a little hard to smile when we don't even know the plan," Ricky explains. 

"I can't look at Ricky. Is that a problem?" You joke pointing at Ricky to lighten the mood making some of the people laugh. 

Carlos was not having it. "Okay, let's take a five." 

"On five or after five?" Ricky jokes walking away. 

You chuckle shaking your head. "What a hard question." 

"I know right," Ricky smiles. 

After a few more minutes Carlos comes running in pointing at you. "You, come now." 

"Okay then..." You sigh getting up before he drags you away making everyone confused. When you get to the hallway he looked stress, and a lot worse than before. "What's wrong? Are you okay?" 

"No, I'm very not okay. I think something is happening with Miss Jenn and I think she might get fired." 

"What!!!" You shout.

 "Shhhh!!! No one else can know okay? I wasn't even supposed to tell you, but I needed someone I can trust to talk to," Carlos whisper shouts. 

"Sorry," You whisper. "well I'm sure everything will be sorted okay? Miss Jenn is smart, I know she got this.  But for now, we need to work on the play before something or someone else happens. You sigh.