Chapter 11

//Pain is real, but so is hope//

The next day you quickly got ready before rushing down the stairs passing Dove.

"Hey, do you need a ri-" Dove started but you quickly cut her off.

"No thanks! I'm going to walk to Ricky's to go talk to him!" You rush running out the door.

You lived closed to him so it wasn't a long walk. When you finally get to the front door you were beyond nervous. Questions filled your mind the closer you got to the door. Does he still like you? What are you even going to say? What if he's only doing this to feel better about himself? You shook the thoughts away before knocking on the door.

The door flies open revealing Ricky. His eyes go wide when seeing you. "Y/N? What are you doing here? Not that I mind of course. I'm just curious because you well I uh-" Ricky rambles nervously.

You giggle shaking your head as the nerves fade away from you. Ricky stops rambling after hearing your laugh. God, he loved your laugh.

"I wanted to see if you wanted to walk with me to school?"

"Oh um yeah sure!" Ricky grins making you smile.

Ricky quickly grabs his jacket before heading out towards the school with you.

"So what's up? You never walk to school?" Ricky asks.

"Well, I wanted to talk to you about something..." you trail of the nerves coming back.

"Oh, what is it?" Ricky asks.

"Did mean what you said. Do you really think I'm special?" You were having doubts about this whole thing. Ricky looked at you with wide eyes.

"Y/N, Of course, I meant it. I meant everything." You both stopped walking as you kept your eyes on the ground. He lightly placed his finger under your chin turning your face to look at him. "Y/N I love you and I meant it when I said I'll wait for you. As long as it takes."

You give a soft smile, "You don't have to wait any longer."

"Wait what?" Ricky asked tilting his head suddenly feeling more hopeful.

"I am willing to take a risk. To take a chance on us," You say as his eyes widened and he broke out into a grin. "that is if you will too?"

"Can I kiss you?" Ricky asked smiling brightly.

You chuckle nodding. "Yes, Ricky."

Ricky smiles leaning in to kiss you. He cups your cheeks pulling you closer. You smile into the kiss placing your hands on his forearm. You pull away running out of breath smiling at each other.

"God I've been wanting to do that forever," Ricky sighs grinning.

"Me too," You smile.

"Finally!" You hear a voice from behind you. You both turn to see Ashlyn, Gina, Carlos, and Ej smirking at you two. "oops," Carlos says noticing you two staring.

"Uh... h-how long were you standing there?" You ask.

"Not long..." Ashlyn starts as you give her a look. "okay pretty long."

"You two love birds need a ride?" EJ asks as you and Ricky glance at each other and back at the two.

"Fine," Ricky sighs. You get in but both immediately regret it once Ashlyn and Carlos start asking questions.

"Can we talk about this later?" You ask.

"Fine," Carlos sighs.

"So the musical is in a few days are you guys ready?" Gina asks changing the topic.

"I hope so," You answer.

"We all do," EJ agrees.

Once you finally got to school Ricky grabs your hands smiling. "Is this okay?" Ricky asks hesitantly.

"Better than okay," You grin. That was one of the reasons you loved him so much and was willing to take the chance. He truly cares and didn't want you to feel uncomfortable or pressure you into anything.

Once walking into the building with the others you could see some people gawk at you two but you didn't pay much attention. All you cared about is Ricky. Ricky Bowen was finally yours and nothing could ruin it.