Chapter 12

//There can be no deep disappointment when there is no deep love//

It was chaos. Everyone was running around doing their own thing rushing in and out while you were seated on a chair beyond nervous. 

"Hey it's going to be alright," Ricky smiles reassuringly. 

"Yeah," You nod. "I just don't want to mess this up" 

"You won't. You are perfect," Ricky smiles lifting your chin. 

"I missed this," You sigh leaning into his embrace. 

"I have too. A lot actually," 

Your conversation was cut short when Carlos enters with a giant basket full of flowers. "Okay, we've got mystery flowers people!" Carlos grins setting the giant flowers down. 

"Wow, those are massive," EJ says looking at the flowers. 

"Why is it a mystery?" Big Red asks smiling. 

"There was no card, so I'm guessing it's dealer's choice." Carlos answers.  

Text kept ringing from EJ and Ricky's phones. They're obviously texting each other but when you turned your head looking at his phone you saw there was someone else before he turned his phone away. The contact name was surprise? 

"Who is that?" You ask Ricky. 

"Oh, it's not important. Just an old friend." Ricky smiles lying through his teeth. You let it go for now

"My beautiful babies, let's gather around for some housekeeping!" Miss Jenn exclaims walking in the room as everyone comes in closer. Miss Jenn turns seeing the flowers. "First of all, who brought Versailles?" 

"No one knows," Carlos shrugs chuckling.

"Well, I suppose we'll just have to share, then." Miss Jenn smiles before getting back on topic. "Most of you know that out dazzling Taylor had to leave under family circumstances. Gina sends her love and support for all of you, but unfortunately, she's on the East Coast and won't be able to make it to tonight's performance." You look down sad she was gone as Ricky gently places his hand over yours rubbing circles around your hand. "I have asked Kourtney to fill instead," 

Everyone cheers clapping at Kourtney. "I'm so proud of you," You whisper in her ear grinning. 

"I just want to say," Miss Jenn starts again. "whatever happens tonight we are all in this together." 

You smile looking at everyone. They are your family and your glad you were able to spend time with them. 

After a few more minutes of working on the script, there was one last notification that dinged on both their phones as a grin plasters on both their faces. You had no idea what was happening but all you know is that you're worried. 

The first act is in a minute and well you were nervous. "Hey, you're going to do amazing alright?" Ricky smiles holding your hand. 

"Right," You nod not so sure. 

The first act starts with you and Ricky going on on the stage performing the new years eve party. There were some problems with the sound and technical stuff but it was fixed soon enough.  The next part didn't include you two so you two walked out as Ashlyn and some of the others walked out. 

"Okay, what are you two planning?" you say tired of them whispering. 

Ricky starts grinning "Well, we have a surprise for you." 

"Follow us if you want to know the surprise, " EJ grins walking towards the hall. 

When you went out into the hall gasping once you see someone you never thought you would ever see again. Ricky and EJ's eyes widened as you gasp when the guy turned around. 

"D-dad?" You stutter out eyes widening. 

"I wanted to see you perform and to talk to you..." He smiles softly as you suddenly felt angry. You turned to the pair beside you as their shocked expression was evident on their face, but you didn't care. 

"If this is your surprise," You start looking at the EJ and Ricky then back at your "dad" with narrowed eyes, "I don't want it." 

Just a few more chapters before this book is over! Sorry, this chapter was pretty short but the next chapter will be longer. Thank you guys so much for reading the book and I hope you liked it. Stay tuned to find out what happens next! :)