1- Why now?

i hope you like the story as much as i liked writing it :D

ENJOY!!!

Scarlett>>

Today was just like any other day at school for me. I was quiet, invisible, lonely and heartbroken.

I sat in class listing to Mr Franks lecture about money, zoning in and out when I could. I was about to fall asleep when Mr Frank stood in front of my desk.

I lifted my reddish brown hair out of my face and looked up to Mr Frank.

"Miss McKenzie do you mind explaining why sleep is more important than your-"

Thank god the bell saved me. I grabbed my bag and ran out of class before he or anyone could stop me.

I walked to my locker dodging as many people possible on the way. That’s when I locked eyes with my biggest enemy on school campus. Liam.

He was by best friend in freshmen year but when it came to junior and sophomore he changed so much that I don’t even know him anymore.

We stood still just gazing at each other till his newest hook up Gen came and pulled him away. His grey-blue eyes didn’t leave my sight. I looked back to see he was still looking. But why? If he missed his best friend so much why did he change and become popular?

My mind was in a gaze for the rest of the day. Classes went slow yet minuets went by fast.

The day of hell was finally over.

I walked to my locker and grabbed my book bag. I started walking to the gates when Liam came around the corner scratching his head.I stopped still in my tracks when he came over like nothing ever happened in the last 3 years.

"Hey Scar. You look down what’s up?" His grey- blue eyes seemed demanding but couldn’t quite tell with his black hair in his eyes.

"Wow your actually talking to me. What has it been 3 years since our last convocation? So why start it now Liam? And to you my name is Scarlett. And yeah I’m down because my biggest enemy is talking to me, looking at me when I pass the halls. Yet it feels like I have done something wrong. It feels like it’s my fault that we don’t talk anymore."

I said it with attitude so he knew that I wasn’t fooling around.

"Scar...Lett I’m sorry, it’s just that I... I can’t explain. I just know that I’m really sorry for everything. And it’s not your fault its mine. And how did I become your biggest enemy? You don’t even have any friends."

Ooooo he said it.

I clenched my fists and snapped them to my side.

"HOW DARE YOU SAY I DONT HAVE ANY FRIENDS. YOU’RE THE REASON FOR THAT LIAM. YOU LEFT ME BY MY SELF WHEN I NEEDED YOU THE MOST. BUT YOUR SOCCOR FRIENDS WERE MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOU FRIEND SINCE 4TH GRADE"

By this stage tears were streaming down my face. I tilted my head up to see a faceless expression on Liam’s face.

I turned away and started walking back into my tracks towards the gates. It felt like my heart died inside with the blood slowly passing through the veins.

Liam>>

I saw tears drown her eyes when she was yelling at me. I didn’t realize that I had hurt her so much. I didn’t think that leaving her would make her not meet any new people. Why though?

She dropped her eyes but tilted her head to see my face, my frozen face. I saw disgust in her eyes. I wanted to hold her and wipe her tears away. Like a friend would do.