Chapter 9

Kai's p.o.v (month 1 of pregnancy)

Shifting on the bed, I get up. A month into the pregnancy and I'm already feeling the effects. Last time, I showed not one sign, that's why it was such a surprise when I had the twins.

Walking into the living, the kids are playing. Cole sets a plate down, I sit. Rubbing my back, Cole kisses my cheek. I smile, eatting the roast and rice. Drinking the tea Bastian gave us, I listen to the kids as they play.

Today, I find out how many I'm carrying. Getting up after I finish, the six of us get in the car. Coming to the hospital, Bastian meets me. He got a job here cause there has been other cases of males who can reproduce.

Coming to the room, I lay on the bed, pulling my shirt off and lay back. Bastian puts gell on my belly, moving the wond around. He presses down near my pelvis and I grunt in discomfort.

"Sorry, Kai." Bastian says as he stops. "There they are. Look Kai." Bastian points at the screen, I look, four embryos in the picture.

Cole kisses my hand. "I'm so proud to have you." He says. I smile as Bastian takes pictures. Coming home, I sit on the couch, looking at the pictures. Cole hands a cup of tea to me, I drink it as I lean on hem.

The next month is the same, Bastian keeping tabs on me and I take the proper steps for the care of the qradulets.

The forth month rolls around and I go to find out the genders. Bastian has the wand to my noticeable belly bump, I look to be seven months. He moves the wand around, smiling soon after.

"Congrades, three boys and a girl." He said, taking the pictures. I cry for joy into Cole's hand as Bastian cleans my belly of the gell. Coming to my parents house, Tris comes running to me. She hugs my legs, careful of my belly.

Austin walks up, we slap some skin as mom peeks out the kitchen. "Well, what are they." Mom says, we called for a family meeting. Milly, Bella, Danny and Dillon look. "Three boys and a girl." I say. All cheer and we have a great time at the party.

In my seventh month, I'm curled on the couch. Two blankets are over me, my element not keeping me warm enough. It's the harshest winter Ninjago has seen. People are getting sick left and right. I've been confinedto the house.

Snuggling deeper into the blankets, I feel the babies kick. Rubbing my now heavily distended abdomen, I feel bail rise up. Getting up, I struggle to the bathroom but I don't make it.

Sinking to my knees, I throw up all over the carpet and keep on. I grab the coffee table, no strength to pick myself up. Continuing to throw up, I grasp a bowl I made and smash it. The kids are at their grandparents but Cole is with me.

Footsteps come running, Cole skidding into the dinning room. He volts over the couch, the table and over my own body to pick my head up. I look at hem, holding his hand and say one sentence.

"Get me....to the .....hospital, now."