Chapter Twelve

Finlay

I hadn't gotten much sleep. Neither had Rose either. I smirked at that thought, watching my delicate blonde flower sleep soundly on my bare chest. She had only just fallen asleep around half an hour ago but the night was steadily turning into day and I knew I had to wake her soon.

I ran my hand softly through her golden hair. It was sprawled around her head like a halo, convincing me further that she truly was an angel sent from the heavens above. Her hair was smooth and silky beneath my fingers, and I was surprised it hadn't started to go greasy the past couple of days. I knew Rose would want a bath soon. I pondered if I would be able to get the innkeeper to haul one up here.

Rose mumbled gently in her sleep, turning away from me and exposing her body. That caused my attention fully. I ran my hand down her side, over her hips and up her stomach, higher, through the gap between her breasts and up her neck before grasping her chin slightly and angling it towards me.

Rose's body seemed to follow the action of her head as she turned back towards me, tucking her body by my side. Her arm flailed out and wrapped itself around my naked waist. I smiled tenderly at the beautiful bird in my arms and reflected over our previous night together.

Hours Rose had spent in my arms; both of us writhing in pleasure, letting our mouths emit sounds to express our feelings. I was sure the whole inn had heard us. I would be surprised if the warriors in the woods hadn't.

Rose shifted beside me and her hand slipped from my waist, further down my body and under the sheets, brushing the part of me that had just fallen asleep after a whole night of working hard, waking it back up again.

I let a sharp gasp past my lips as her hand rested just beneath my hips. I went to move her hand, knowing standing stiff wouldn't let me have a wink of sleep before I had to awaken again.

Before I could my angels eyelashes fluttered before her eyelids pulled apart from each other, but I could see the connection between them trying to force them to close again. I smiled at Rose's struggle to awaken.

Her warm cheek was on my chest and she rubbed the tip of her nose against it softly as she lifted her chin and pulled herself into a sitting position, oblivious of her nakedness or my body beside her.

I didn't speak, didn't move, barely breathed as I watched the little bird awaken, spreading her feathers far by her side whilst humming softly in pleasure. I couldn't hold a small laugh in as I watched her which caused her to squeak before swivelling round to see me spread out on the bed, my hands behind my head.

She grasped the plain white bed sheets and forced them over her body, covering herself up which forced a groan from me. When she pulled the sheet it shifted off me, however revealing all of me.

She made a noise of surprise once again and turned quickly from me, jumping from the bed.

"Ye weren't so nervous last night if recall correctly." I smirked at her bare back and notice her shudder slightly. I didn't know if it was from pleasure or disgust at her actions. I hoped it was the first.

"Ye remember last night lass?" I asked softly.

"It was a night that will be hard for me to forget," she admitted whilst turning back around to face me. Her hair had fallen around her shoulders in an angelic waterfall, with streams of gold dripping down her back and around her waist. Her sky blue eyes locked with mine and she blushed before looking away, but she couldn't resist my penetrating gaze and slid her eyes back to mine.

"I'm glad." I replied with a smile, "Ye don't believe last night was a mistake lass?" I asked, my voice was close to breaking and my face became morbid as I feared her answer. Gone was the strong warrior exterior and the scared man inside had surfaced.