Chapter 18

"Dreams & Actions"

           I was practically bouncing as I got out of Noah’s car. Earlier I had taken it to go meet up with Doug after he called to tell me he had big news. Now I couldn’t wait to get inside and tell Noah everything.

            I ran in the house and up the stairs to Noah’s room. When I opened the door I saw that he was curled up in his bed asleep. So I crept up to the bed and bounced on him. He woke up with a start looking around panicked.

            “What are you doing?” he asked in a sleepy voice when he noticed it was just me.

            “I need to wake you up. I have news.” I yelled as I bounced around on him.

            “What’s your news?” he asked as he wrapped his arms around me and held me close.

            “I just got back from talking to Doug. He managed to get me and Gabe a gig this Friday.  I get to perform.” I said happily before I leaned down to give him a kiss.

            “I’m happy for you.” He said with a grin. I knew he didn’t like the fact that I danced at the club but I could tell that he was being genuine when he told me that he was happy for me.

            “You’re gonna be there right?” I asked as I put my forehead on his.

            “Nothing could keep me away. Are you going to practice today?” he asked.

            “Yeah. I called Gabe earlier and asked if we could meet up later this afternoon for practice. For now I just want to spend time with you.” I told him as I got off of him and then laid down beside him.

            “What do you want to do?”

            “How about we watch movies and just lay here.” I said as I grinned up at him.

            “What do you want to watch?” he asked me with a chuckle.

            “Dirty Dancing.” I said batting my eyes at him.

            “Of course.” He said as he got out of the bed to go get the movie and put it in.

            “You know it’s my favorite movie.” I said as I laid back and pulled the blankets up over me.

            “I know.” He said laughing as he climbed back into bed beside me.

            “I love dancing movies and I secretly love romance movies. This movie is a win/win.” I told him laughing.

            “You know I’ve been meaning to ask you something.” He said all of a sudden.

            “What’s that?” I asked as I looked up at him.

            “How far do you want to take your dancing career?”

            “I don’t know. I love to dance. In a dream world I would be able to do it for a long time. But that’s not the way it works. Once I go to college I’ll probably wind up stopping.” I said with a sad shrug.

            “You’re really good. Have you thought about applying to any arts colleges?” he asked.

            “Not really. I’m good for small time but I don’t think I’ll get into any arts schools. I’m self-trained.” I told him.