Chapter 5

"A Dance Gig"

          I was back stage at Sparkle getting ready. I had an hour to go before my gig. I pulled on my shoes and turned to look in the mirror. I was wearing short booty shorts and a tight black tank top. I had on a white short jack on top of it and my hair was piled messily on top of my head. I had on blue, black, pink, and purple DC’s on my feet. All in all I looked good.

            “You have company,” I heard. I turned to see Austin smirking at me.

            “Who,” I asked.

            “Who do you think,” he asked as he leaned against the wall and crossed his arms.

            “Noah,” I asked with a big smile.

            “Yeah and three other gigantic boys,” he said.

            “Must be his brothers,” I said as I walked out the door and turned down the hallway to the main room. The first thing I saw were the four boys standing in the middle of the room. Austin wasn’t playing when he said that they were gigantic. The three boys were at least six foot tall and built like line backers. They all had blonde hair. Mostly they all looked like Noah.

            “Hey,” I said as I approached them.

            “H-hi,” Noah stuttered when he looked over at me. I saw his eyes travel over my body before his face went red. I couldn’t help but to smile.

            “Hello again,” Jonah said as he stepped forward and kissed my hand. I was pleased to see Noah frown at that.

            “Hi,” I said back with a raised eyebrow.

            “I’m Alex,” another one said as he pushed his brother aside to stand in front of me. He looked the same but his eyes were blue instead of green.

            “I’m Paige,” I said.

            “Oh I know,” he said with a grin and a wink.

            “I’m Micah,” the last one said with a mischievous smile. He didn’t try to touch me though. I noticed his eyes kept going back to Noah like he expected something.

            “I’m glad you guys could come,” I said.

            “We wouldn’t miss it,” Jonah said smirking.

            “Can I talk to you,” Noah asked me quietly.

            “Sure. Come on,” I said as I took his arm to lead him away.

            “I’m sorry about him,” he said when we were a safe distance away.

            “What for,” I asked.

            “For them hitting on you. I told you they were like that. And they think something’s going on between me and you so they’ve been making little remarks all night,” he said with his cheeks stained red.

            “Don’t worry about it,” I said with a laugh. “I think it’s cute that this flusters you so much.”