Chapter 7

"Dinner With The Taylors"

            I was nervous. Extremely nervous. I couldn’t believe I promised Noah I would go to his house for dinner. I should have thought it through first. I couldn’t even back out now because Noah was so excited. How was I supposed to fit in with his family?

            I was on my way to Maggie’s house. She was helping me get ready tonight and letting me wear some of her clothes. I didn’t have anything nearly nice enough. I walked up to her front door and knocked calmly. My nerves were going wild.

            “Hey Paige,” Maggie’s mom said when she opened the door.

            “Hi Mrs. Connell,” I said quietly.

            “Come on in,” she said with a smile. I walked in and stopped in the front hall. “So what are you doing here?”

            “I’m helping her get ready for dinner at her boyfriend’s house,” Maggie said as she jogged down the stairs.

            “How nice,” her mom said with a wide smile.

            “He’s not my boyfriend,” I said with a frown.

            “Close enough,” Maggie said as she rolled her eyes.

            “I can’t believe I’m doing this,” I said again as I ran my hands through my hair.

            “You’ll be fine. You said they were cool right,” she asked as we walked up the stairs.

            “Yes but what if they think we’re dating? I’m sure they won’t like that,” I said frowning even more as the pressure built up in my chest.

            “Chill,” she said with a laugh as we walked into her room. She sat me down at her vanity and came up behind me.

            “How am I supposed to chill? I really like him but I know it’ll never happen,” I said with a sigh.       

            “You don’t know that. He likes you,” she told me as she got started on my hair.

            “How do you know,” I asked.

            “I have eyes,” she said laughing.

            “Whatever,” I scoffed.

            “It’s true. He adores you for some weird reason,” she said.

            “Bitch,” I said laughing.

            “It’s true though. He really likes you,” she said serious.

            “He shouldn’t,” I said quietly.

            “Why not,” she asked with a frown.

            “Look at me and look at him,” I said sad.