Miss. Medda's Theater

"Slow down, slow down, we lost him" Jack says as he stops.

"Does someone want to tell me why I'm runnin'? I got no one chasing me. Jack, who was that guy?"

"That there was Snyder the spider. A real sweetie." Jack says

"He runs a jail for underaged kids called the Refuge. The more kids he brings in, the more the city pays out. The problem is , all the money goes straight into his own pocket." Daisy explains.

"Do yourself a favor and stay clear of Snyder and the refuge, Alright?" Jack says as Miss. Medda walks into the theater.

"Hey, you up there, shoo! No kids allowed in the theater!" Medda shouts at them.

"Not even us, Miss Medda?" Jack yells back down.

"Jack Kelly, man of mystery. Daisy Williams as well! Get yourselves down here and give me a hug!" She shouts back up at the four and they descend down to the ground to see her. They hug her.

"Where have you been keeping yourselves? Oh Daisy, has Jack been treatin' you right? If he ain't tell me and I'll beat him." Medda says jokingly.

"Never too far from you, Miss Medda, and yes I am treating her right" Jack says as he puts an arm around Daisy.

"Boys, may we present Miss Medda Larkin, the greatest star on the bowery today." Jack says to the two boys.

"She also owns the joint." Daisy adds.

"Oh, the only thing I own is the mortgage. Pleasure, gents." Medda says

"A pleasure" Davey says He turns around to see Les facing the opposite way bum in the air. "What is wrong with you?"

"Are you blind? She's got no clothes on!" Les says, making Daisy chuckle.

"That's her costume!" Davey states.

"But I can see her legs!" Les exclaims making Daisy laugh harder.

"Well step outta his way so he can get a better look! Theater is not only entertaining,it's educational!" Medda says. "Got the picture kid?"

Les nods.

"Miss Medda, we got a little situation on the street." Jack says

"You mind if we hide out here a while?" Daisy says

"Where better to escape trouble than a theater? Is Snyder after you again?" Medda asks as Daisy and Jack nod their heads.

"Hey, Jack, did you really escape jail on the back of Teddy Roosevelt's carrige?" Les asks.

"What would the governor be doing at a juvenile jail?" Davey says.

"So happens he was running for office and he wanted to show he cared about orphans and such. So while he got his mug in the pape, I got my butt in the back seat and off we rode together." Jack says.

"Do you really know the governor?" Les asks

"He dont. but I do. Say, Jack, when you got time, i want you to paint me some more of these backdrops. This last one is a doozy! Folks love it! and things have been going so well I can actually pay." Medda says.

"Hey, I couldnt take your money, Miss Medda." Jack says

"Miss Medda, we really couldn't." Daisy says.

"You pictured that?" Les asks running to the backdrop.

"Your friend is quite an artist." Medda says.

"Don't get carried away. It's a bunch of trees." Jack says as his face gets red.

"oh Jack shut up! You're amazing." Daisy says.

"You're really good!" Davey says

"That boy's got natural aptitude." Medda

"Jeez. I never knew no one with an aptitude." Les says

"MISS MEDDA! YOU'RE ON!" The stage manager says as he come running to them.

"Oh yeah? How am I doing?" she says and laughs but nobody laughs with her. "Because I'm... Ugh, tough room. Kids, lock the door, and stay all night. You're with Medda now." she says and she departs from the group to perform.

Jack and Daisy go to the audience and watches. There werent enough chairs for both of them so Daisy sat in the chair while Jack set on the ground with his head rested on her legs and they watch the show.