nine.

Chapter Nine ~ Friday Nights

MANNYS NEW NAILPOLISH KINDA REMINDED MAX OF HER OWN HAIR

MANNYS NEW NAILPOLISH KINDA REMINDED MAX OF HER OWN HAIR. Manny, Emma, and Max were standing in the hall in between classes, Manny was showing off her new nail polish called "Passion flame" a bright orange that shined right in your eye.

"Very hot" Emma says trying to show at least some interest in the subject.

Max nods in agreement, even though she did not think it was interesting at all.

"Speaking of hot" Manny says and looks at something behind the two girls, Max and Emma turns around spotting Sean making his way towards them, or more specifically... Emma.

"Hey" he greets trying to act cool, Max snickers seeing right through him.

"Hey"

"Well... we have to go right Manny? We had that whole thing" Max excuses the both of them, dragging Manny with her to give the two lovebirds some space.

Max and Manny watch from afar as Sean awkwardly tries to chat with Emma, suddenly a smile starts tugging at Sean's lips, he turns around and walks away leaving Emma frozen. The two girls make their way back to her.

"So, what did he want?" Manny asks excitedly with the biggest grin on her face.

"I'm not sure, but I think he asked me on a date" she says looking completely shocked.

Manny and Emma start squealing and jumping up and down in excitement, Max covers her ears but jumps along with her friends. If Emma was happy, so was Max, it did not matter to her who Emma dated, as long as they treated her with respect.

~~~

Walking into their 3rd period, Manny could not shut up about Emma's date that was happening later the same day. Max was walking a bit behind them, daydreaming about what it would be like, to actually be able to talk to her friends about Spinner, and have them be as exited about their relationship, as they were about Emma and Sean's, but Max also knew that even if she told them it wouldn't be the same.

Alle her friends knew who Spinner Mason was, everyone at the school did, he was known as a troublemaker who teases the seventh graders, which also included Max's friends. 

Max had found JT in the dumpster multiple times after school, where he had ended up after Spinner had put him in there. Max had tried talking to Spinner about how she didn't like him teasing her friends, but he wouldn't listen, his explanation was that it was part of his image at school, and if he stopped, people would know something was going on... in the end Max let it slide.

"This is so exiting, your first date" Manny gushes and smiles up at Emma.

"I know"

"And romantic, so how did he ask you?" Manny asks wanting all of the details of the short interaction between Emma and Sean. Max rolls her eyes slightly at Manny, but smiles non the less, Max was looking forward to Manny getting her own boyfriend someday.