The wedding

Luc walked me down the isle. Not because dad couldn't but simply because I wanted him too.

Just yesterday the whole family Raul's and mine had adjurned at the doctors for our first scan. I saw our baby that first time. She was beautiful. Tiny and bony but wonderful all the same. Raul had been moved to tears watching her and so too had Luc. He was going to be the most splendid uncle of all time. At least that was what he had promised.

My last night as a bachelorette had been on this very beach. With the entire wedding party having moved to the house a combined bachelor party had been the most feasible option. Naturally, as with any good bachelor party the groom got to see some action. I thought it only fitting that his last night as a freeman should be shared with me. Being the prospective bride I too wanted to share my last night of freedom with a good bang.

So the night before had been spent in drunk and disorderly manner by all present for the wedding and it was a complete surprise that any of us woke up this morning at all let alone manage to get ourselves into some sort of presentable order.

But we did succeed and here we were.

"All the best, Syn." Luc leaned in to peck me on the cheek as he deposited me safely beside my waiting groom.

Raul beamed a beautiful smile that I returned with interest. It really was a glorious day for a wedding. A new beginning.

"We are gathered here to witness..."

We had decided to forgo our own vows for the traditional version in the end and it was just as well too. I found I had been reduced to a bundle of nerves at the very end so much so that I could only repeat what the good reverend suggested in the most hoarse voice.

But that part too was swiftly over. Then Raul's lips was on mine and we were busy stealing each others breath.Then it was over.

The chairs were removed away and buffet luncheon was served on the spot. The dancing commenced right after and I spun around awkwardly on the sandy beach dancing first with my beloved husband and then with Luc, dad and later with Jim-James.

"Thank you," I said to him. "For letting us use the house."

He shrugged indifferently. "Its my wedding gift to you."

I smiled up at him  and look past his shoulders at the majestic house behind him. It wad a beautiful house. One that changed my life. I was glad I had it for the short time that I did. But I was equally glad to be rid of it. The Nude Camp brought me many things. Changed both my own and Luc's lives.

It was an adventure I would always remember. Getting married here had been more than fitting. It had felt right. I stood up on my tip toes to kiss my thanks on Jim-James cheek before I moved out of his arms and back into Raul's embrace.

"Hello, husband," I murmured huskily.

"Hello, wife," he whispered back before leaning down to take my lips in a passionate kiss.