Chapter 37

"You're looking for Lucian?"

That got my attention like nothing else would.

"You've seen him?" I gasped out impatiently.

Jim-James smile was slow but lift to his lips was amused. As usual he found me funny.

"He was by the fountain when I saw him last,"said Jim-James.

I turned immediately to head that way uncaring that I was being rude and dragging Raul with me as well.

"I'd like to have a word with you first," called out Jim-James unexpectedly. I stopped to turn back then but now it was Raul who was rudely tugging me along. I caught his eye and offered him a heavy frown. Raul sighed heavily then with an evil glint he swept about to offer his hand to Jim-James's stunning escort.  I frowned after them as they both disappeared for a spin about the dance floor.

I turned my unhappy glare at Jim-James who only chuckled softly .

"What do you want?" I questioned directly. I didn't see a need to beat around the bush. I had things to do and people to meet. At the moment clobbering Raul took a higher priority over than even meeting Luc.

"I haven't thanked you for signing over the Nude Camp," he said softly. I shrugged indifferently. It was a crazy plan to begin with and the place was falling apart with me there on my own. It was not something a singular could handle and ut had stopped being fun at some point ..if it ever was. I saw no real reason to continue at all.

"I want you back," he whispered huskily and this time my eyes jolted up to catch his. He was serious. I couldn't have been more stunned. I slowly shook my head.

"No," I said simply. I could have come up with any number of legitimate reason my being in love with Raul was top most to choose from but I didn't. I didn't want to give him anything. Not anymore. He walked out leaving me with nothing so I simply turned around and left him with the same.

I didn't look at the dance floor. I didn't need anymore distractions. What I needed above all at this moment was my own brother. I needed to see Luc.

So I headed out to the gardens asking around as I went for the fountain and then I was finally there but more importantly I was face to face with Luc. Albeit a distance away.

I slowly moved forward closing in the distance and picking up speed as I went. A moment later and I was leaping into his arms.

Voice muffled against his jacket and breath lost from his squeeze, I muttered out determinedly," I  hate you! I hate you for leaving me."