Chapter 11

Rameen

   I washed my feet to remove the sand grains stuck on them, I loved walking on beaches barefoot, just listening to the sound of waves splashing. It works as a stress buster for me, and today I have been feeling awful.

    Imaad had been acting weird in the past few weeks, always trying to getting close to me. Caressing my hands or my face, made me feel sick to my stomach. I don't know why I felt like that but his touch made me uncomfortable in a bad way.

   I even googled for signs of being in love and how I should feel when my partner touches me, they also showed the same symptoms which Rania had told me earlier.
I was freaking out, was something wrong with me? Was I abused sexually in my childhood that I was feeling like this? But as far as I can remember nothing of such sort ever happened, instead, I was blessed with the perfect childhood.

   Today when he picked me up for the lunch he looked normal, but when we were a little far from my home he tried to kiss me again after he had parked the car to get a call.

    And I had snapped, I rushed out of the car and hired a cab to go to Daniyal's house, I couldn't go back to my home because then everyone would ask questions, hence I went to Daani. And luckily enough those two were just leaving for lunch. I told them Imaad had to go for some emergency meeting and he had dropped me here so I could go with them.

    My mind was occupied by Imaad's changed behavior, we have been engaged for more than a year and why did he start acting like this out of the blue when our wedding was in just one week.

    Something was wrong, and I couldn't figure out what it was. There was a reason why Imaad was behaving like this and I was not able to understand what, unless he was taking some drugs and was horny.

     I washed my hands, splashed some water on my face, dried myself with tissue, and walked out of the bathroom.

   Waleed was waiting for me, as soon as he saw me he stood up from the couch. I had met him for the first time after he insulted me after the meeting. I couldn't understand this guy either, he looked so impressed with me before the meeting and was really warming up to me and suddenly he started behaving like a dickhead.

    Daniyal knew about my wedding and still, he insisted me to work on this project. I was not ready to take this in the first place because of my history with Waleed. But Daniyal had forced me and here I was working my butt off on this project when I should have been busy with my wedding preparations.

     And this guy had the audacity to call me unprofessional and insult me, I so hated him.

    We walked out of the cabin and Waleed locked it after him, he guided me to his car and opened the door for me, he was being a perfect gentleman today.

    I was feeling hungry, I had barely eaten lunch and had wandered off to the beach, and sat there in an isolated place hidden from the view from the spot where the luncheon was arranged.

   I knew Daani would look for me before they leave, and I didn't care about how much time I sat there thinking about my upcoming wedding.

    I wanted to talk to Imaad about his changed behavior, or maybe he was trying to make me comfortable before our wedding, for the deed. I blushed even thinking about it, I like Imaad. I like him very much, it's just that I couldn't figure out my feelings, and why I didn't feel any excitement from his touch. 

   "You okay?" Waleed asked me after some time while driving.

   "Yeah, I am fine", I replied.

  I didn't have anything to say further, so I just kept quiet and stared out of the window looking at the passing scenery.

  " So, is yours a love marriage?" Waleed asked I didn't expect him to ask me any personal question.