Chapter 10

Rameen

   I stormed into his office, he was sitting on his office chair, behind his desk, his laptop in front of him.

  "How could you? I thought you were a professional, I never imagined you could bring our feud into this", I thundered.

   He was looking at me extremely calmly his grey eyes fixed on me as if he was expecting this, it made me angrier than I was.

   " I am talking to you", I said as I furrowed my brow in anger.

  "Take a seat Ms. Shahab", He said in a cold tone, his deep voice making it more intimidating.

   I felt like someone poured a bucket of ice water on me, my anger vanished and I felt puzzled, I had expected him to yell back at me, but right now he was playing the cold sexy CEO.

    I pursed my lips into a tight line and sat across him. I wanted to listen to what he had to say in his defense. He had criticized me in front of the whole team and had just given two days to come up with a new design for the villa, which was not impossible but extremely difficult.

   We stared at each other for a few minutes, and I was determined to not be the one to break the stare down. He took a deep breath and diverted his gaze to the laptop.

    " Ms.Shahab, I am sorry, if I gave you the impression that my criticism was based on the personal feud between us. But I can assure you it was just a professional remark", Waleed said looking into my eyes again.

   I gave out the breath I was holding for long, I didn't want to believe but he sounded sincere and honest.

   "Ms. Shahab, I believe in breaking the stereotype. I don't want to be the rule I want to be an exception.

   You can disagree with my views, but as long as this project is concerned you will have to synchronize yourself with my way of working.

   I know it's not easy, and I might be making an already challenging project much harder than it is. I can't describe to you, the feeling of contentment and satisfaction when your hard work pays off", He was saying and I was concentrating on the warmth in his voice.

    It was like he was opening up himself to me, he could have just ordered me out without any explanation because he had the power to do it, instead, he shared with me a part of himself.

   I agree he was making the project more difficult than it already was by setting his standard so high that an average person can never think of it.

    But I was not an average individual, I was Rameen Shahab, and I loved challenges. I can prove to Waleed Kamal no matter how awry I can be sometimes, I was one of the best architects in the city.

   And I will make him admit it, I will change the misconceptions he had regarding me, Daani had told me that Waleed thought I was not good enough for the project, because of the one mistake of mine of not turning my cell silent.

    I admit, it was carelessness on my part, but that doesn't mean I was not good enough at my job.

   " Ms. Shahab, are you listening?" He asked me, I had zoned out on him.

   Shit.

  "Yes, I am, Mr. Kamal", I lied.

   In truth, I had missed the last sentence he had said to me.

   " Okay, I will call Mr. Khan to help you out", He continued.

   "Ohh no, please. I think I will manage by myself", I replied in hurry afraid he might call his head architect.