Chapter 4

Rameen

"Happy Birthday love," I said as I hugged Sheema.

"Thanks, Darling, I am so glad you came. I hope your mom didn't mind you coming here", Sheema teased as she accepted the bouquet and gift from me.

Saad was standing beside her, I gave him a broad grin and shook his hand.

" So what's up lover boy?" I teased him.

He smiled and rolled his eyes at me, then he replied laughing " Nothing my love".

" You don't get to hit on my friend", Sheema said trying to look annoyed.

"I can't resist, she is too hot", He teased Sheema and earned a punch in his arm.

" So where is your fiance?" Saad asked me.

"I don't know, haven't spoken to him in two weeks", I replied rolling my eyes.

We haven't spoken since that incident in the mall took place. He was mad at me and I was in no mood to reconcile, myself, let him rot him in hell who cares.

" Hey baby" At that very instant someone slid his arm across my waist and whispered in my ear.

I didn't need to look at his face to know who it was, I had recognized him by his voice. I turned my head away from him, to show my annoyance.

"Mia, I am sorry. Will you please forgive me", He said as he turned my face towards him placing his finger below my chin.

Damn how can I stay mad at someone so hot, and who was hell-bent on trying to gain my forgiveness.

" I don't want to talk to you, I am still mad", I acted mad, well who doesn't like a little attention from your fiance.

"Baby I am sorry", He said caressing the back of my palm.

I couldn't keep up the act anymore, so I just smiled.

" All well between you too", Saad asked looking at us with amusement.

"Yeah" we both replied in unison.

" Come then join us on the dance floor", Saad said as he held Sheema's hand into his and led her to the dance floor.

Saad had organized the party at the roof of one of the best hotels in the town. The arrangement and decorations were top notch.

I noticed he had invited many people, but their parents were missing. Guess it was just for the young generation.

The music was loud and many couples were enjoying their time in each other's arms. Imaad smiled at me as he led me to the dance floor.

We started moving with the rhythm of the music, Imaad held me at an appropriate distance. He knew I never liked someone getting into my space.

I was enjoying my time dancing, Sheema and Saad were dancing near us. Sheema was looking overjoyed, Saad was handling her like she was some fragile item and would break with excess force.

I smiled at them, maybe arrange marriage was not a bad thing after all. Looking at them I was sure they couldn't have found anyone better.

"Penny for your thought", Imaad asked me.

" I was just thinking how wonderful Saad and Sheema look together", I said keeping my voice loud enough so he could hear it above the music.

Imaad just nodded at me in agreement and we continued dancing.

After a while, I felt tingles erupting on my body as if someone was staring at me with an intensifying gaze.

I scanned the people around me but I didn't find anyone looking at me, maybe my imagination was playing tricks on my mind.