MANAGER

"Jungkook?" The assistant called out from the room.

"That would be me!" I got up from my seat and adjusted the brand new blazer I was wearing just for this interview.
Finding a job was really tough in Seoul and this was my first time at an interview ,not only that but I was interviewing to work at 'Park Enterprises' which was owned by Park Jimin, one of the richest men in South Korea.

I walked to the interview room nervously where the vice head would be interviewing me but when I looked inside, to my surprise Park Jimin was seated there.
"Why is he here!" I thought to myself. I was here to interview for an accountant and I was told the vice head will be recruiting. Why was Jimin himself here!?

I turned towards the assistant standing at the door, "Is that Jimin? The Park Jimin??!"

"Yes sir." She said with a smile.

"I was told..... uh.. why is he here?" I asked.

"We didn't know either. Mr. Park suddenly appeared saying he wants to recruit someone for a really important job. Don't worry he isn't as scary as he appears ." She said.

My heart was racing, legs shaking and my hands were cold. I was nervous. Who wouldn't be!?
I took a deep breath and walked into the room, after all, I needed this job!

Jimin was glancing down at some papers kept on his desk.

"Good Morning Mr. Park. I..I am Jeon Jungkook and I am here to.." I was saying before Jimin lifted his head to look at me. My heart was racing and I was struggling to breathe.

"I know who you are. Mr. Jeon I want you to be my manager." Jimin said.

"Pardon?"

"I want you to work as my Manager." Jimin replied without hesitation.

"But I am interviewing to be an accountant..." I replied, nervously wiping off the sweat from my forehead.

Jimin didn't reply he just stared back at me with a smirk on his pale white face.
I had to say something," I need some time to think sir...."

"Tell me by tonight Mr.Jeon ." Jimin said as he got up from his chair. He slowly walked towards me while buttoning his expensive looking blazer. Probably Gucci, he was a rich man after all. I scoffed in my head.

Jimin glanced at me with a glistening stare, he smiled and said, "I will give you any amount of money you ask for. You are perfect....for this job. Ms. Michelle give him my card please."

He then walked out of the room. I let out a sigh of relief. If that lasted any longer I would run out of the room screaming like a maniac.

"Here you go." The assistant handed me a card. I was about to take the card when suddenly, " The other card!" Jimin said from outside the room.
Hes still here?!
The woman had a confused look on her face and handed me the other card. I smiled and left the room.

I felt in need of air and as soon as I left the building I ran on the roads screaming my lungs out for no apparent reason. It felt so strange, Park Jimin interviewing me and asking me to be his manager!??
The only thing that could calm me down now was my Mom's food. So I headed home.

I reached my small home at the corner of the busy street where my mom and I lived after my Dad passed away in a car accident.
I ran into my house, "Mom! I am so hungry!! Can you please make me something?" I said loud enough for everyone within a 10 mile radius to hear.

I took off the suffocating coat and threw it on the couch. My mom wasn't in the drawing room.
"Mom?" I walked into the bedroom but to my surprise she wasn't there either.
I finally walked into the kitchen and found my mom lying on the floor.

"Mom!!" I ran to her. I held her head in my hands and tried waking her up. She wasn't responding.
I picked her up gently and went to the bedroom.
I slowly laid her down on the bed, "Mom?" I struggled to speak as tears dwelled up in my eyes.
She opened her eyes, "oh! Jungkook-ah im alright. Dont worry" she replied in a weak voice.

Tears treckled down my cheek but I smiled knowing my mom was still here with me.

"What happened mom?" I asked.

"I didn't really want to tell you but I guess I have to. Jungkook-ah last week I felt extremely weak and while you were out with your friends I called the doctor. He came and took a look. He said I should visit the hospital." She said in a weak voice.

"Why didnt you tell me mom!? Lets go to the hospital right now!" I said holding back a gallon of tears.

"No jungkook. I already went to the doctor. He said my immune system is weakening and that I might have to get treatment done as soon as possible or else I will...." she was saying before I broke down in front of her.

"Why didn't you tell me before?!?" I yelled.

"The treatment is very expensive and we can't afford that. You were working two part time jobs at the time and we were barely making enough money to eat three meals a day. I couldn't burden you anymore my son. And I am extremely old I wont live much longer anyways." She said in a weak voice.

I was sobbing uncontrollably. I was down on my knees and I shut my eyes tight but the tears wouldnt stop. I clenched my fists and cried my heart out and couldn't stop thinking about how bad of a son I was.

"Don't worry mom I have found a new job and no matter how expensive that treatment is.. we are getting it done." I said swiftly wiping the tears off of my face.

"Jungkook-ah, you have got the job?! My son I knew you would get it. I love you my baby. You worked so hard for this!" My mom said with a smile stretching from ear to ear.
I smiled and got on my feet. After making sure mom was alright I walked out of the bedroom and came to the terrace.

I had Jimin's card and my phone in my hand. "Desperate times call for desperate measures!" I told myself and dialed the number given on the card.

I wasn't so sure about this job but I had to do this for my mom.
I held the phone to my ear and my heart was racing from the thought that I was about to say yes to something so huge.

"Yes?" A deep and rapsy voice answered.
"T...this is jeon jungkook and I was at the company this morning..." I was saying nervously.
"Oh yes, So Mr. Jeon what have you thought." The man replied.
The voice sounded so familiar.
"Jimin?" I said softly.
"Yes. Im Park Jimin." He replied.

My eyes went wide open in shock. My hand was trembling.

"I... I am so sorry sir. I didn't realize it was you." I said with words barely coming out of my mouth due to embarassment.

"Dont worry Mr. Jeon. About the job, what have you thought?" Jimin said casually somewhat calming me down.

"Yes! Uh... I mean yes sir I want to work as your manager... I would love to work with you." I said confidently.

"Thats amazing Mr. Jeon but... I want you to think again and be completely sure about this, and if you are then I want you in my office, tomorrow at 8am and dont be late." Jimin said coldly and declined the call.

-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-•-○-