Chapter Four

Friday morning soon rolled around after one of the busiest weeks of Quinn's life. There was never any warning whether or not that week was going to be crazy busy or not, it was all about going with the flow something that was immensely common in the career path she had chosen.

But there was definitely a part of Quinn, as she woke up that morning, expecting a text asking her to come in and to a shift but alas no such thing occurred.

So, after rolling out of bed at the ridiculously late time that her Dads would most certainly scoff at if she was still living at home, Quinn was finally ready to leave her house 15 minutes before her time to meet with Steve.

The Roasted Bean had people streaming out of its doors that morning, the perfect cover for the coffee meet up. Steve was still sporting that very mediocre disguise of the baseball cap but even then neither of them wanted Steve to get recognized, after everything that happened in New York it was the worst scenario.

But at the same time after a good year of daily coffee buying from the Roasted Bean, the owner Sasha knew Quinn very well and had reserved a table up the back for Quinn and Steve.

"Morning." Quinn chirped as she sat down at the designated table.

"Morning, how are you, Quinn?" Steve replied, pulling the baseball cap lowering over his eyes as a family with children sat at the table next to them.

"I'm good. How about you?"

"I'm really good. What are you having?" Steve asked, gesturing to the menus perched on the stand sitting on the table.

"Mint latte," Quinn replied without even looking at the menu.

"That easy?" Steve asked incredulously.

"That easy," Quinn replied with a chuckle. "When I say that I've been here before I mean it. I have coffee from here nearly every day."

"Well, in that case, do you have any suggestions?" Steve replied, gesturing slightly lost towards the menu. "There's just so many options here."

"Well, I usually only order two drinks from here."

"What are they?"

"The mint latte and the mocha."

"Well, I'll order the mocha then," Steve concluded with a smile.

Such a decision proved to become quite disastrous only a few minutes later when the two drinks arrived and Steve took his first sip only to pull a face, forcing the unpleasant drink down his throat.

"What is that?"

Quinn placed a hand in front of her, trying her best to stifle her chuckles. "It's chocolate and coffee. I'm sorry, I thought you knew what it meant."

"It's fine." Steve chuckled finding the humor now. "What about those questions huh?"

"Yeah, of course," Quinn replied pulling her notebook out of her bag. "Thank you for letting me talk to you about all of this."

"Well as long as you don't let me take another sip of a mocha again, I think we will be just fine."

And so after what was dubbed as the 'mocha incident', a friendship between Quinn and Steve blossomed. Steve slowly became a regular at the museum even if that meant he could talk to Quinn for a few moments about anything and everything, and the coffee meet-ups on Quinn's days off both quickly became cemented into their daily routines. But it, of course, meant that both Steve and Quinn had someone to talk to if things in either of their lives suddenly went south.

Quinn Greene stood at the door, leaning slightly against the wall, the video of Peggy Carter playing on repeat in front of her. A figure stayed in the same place that he had been for the majority of the door, merely looking down at something he had in his hand.

"That was a difficult winter. A blizzard had trapped half our battalion behind the German line. Steve. . . Captain Rogers, he fought his way through a HYDRA blockade that had pined our allies down for months. He saved over a thousand man, including the man who would. . . who would become my husband as it turned out. Even after he died, Steve was still changing my life."

"Don't you think that you've been in here a little too long?" Quinn asked, sitting beside Steve, thankful that it was nearly the museum's closing time and that the majority of people had already departed.

"Yeah, I suppose so. You here to kick me out?"

Quinn glanced briefly down at her watch. "Not just yet. But you looked like you needed to talk and that's my job after all."

"Yeah," Steve said, before looking down at the old photo of Peggy that was still in the compass after all these years. "I guess I always just used to go to Peggy for everything. Whenever I had a problem she would always seem to help it go away."

"She's still alive, you know?" Quinn replied softly.

"Who?"

"Peggy."

"Yeah, I know," Steve said, his eyes briefly meeting with Quinn before casting down once again. "When I first woke up I thought everything I previously knew was gone and I knew that she was still alive pretty soon after but I'm just. . ."

"Scared to go see her?" Quinn asked.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that. I don't really know why but yeah."

"I completely get that."

"You do?"

"Well not that exact situation, you know that whole 'haven't seen each other for 70 years' thing, but there's situations similar scattered all throughout life."

"What do you think I should do?" Steve asked earnestly.

"Me?" Quinn asked confused.

"Yeah, you," Steve replied. "If you were in my shoes what would you do?"

"I would go see her," Quinn replied honestly. "Go talk to her, catch up."

"You really think so?"

"Yeah, of course. It'll do you some good, instead of hanging around a museum exhibition all day. Not that I don't mind you at all but surely there are more important things to be doing."

"Yeah, not really. I get to talk to you after all."

Quinn smiled, shaking her head slightly as she looked down. "You don't mean that."

"I really do mean that. You've been a great help over the last few months with everything. I can't thank you enough for it all.

"That means a lot, thank you," Quinn replied, a pinkish hue coating her cheeks. "But I can think of a way you can thank me."

"Yeah?"

"You get to pay for coffee this week!" Quinn replied before running out of the room.

"Quinn! Quinn!" Steve called out after her. "I paid last week, you promised it was your turn this week!" Steve only shook his head, placing the compass back into his pocket, before chasing after the blonde.