15. Paper Plane

Chapter 15: Paper Plane

Tomorrow. Is what the paper plane wrote when I opened it as soon as I got into my room after the game.

---->

My alarm clock went off in my ear at six thirty in the morning. I took of my earphones, unplugged them from my phone and threw them across my room before I turned off the alarm. My ears were still ringing from the alarm and my head started hurting. I laid in bed for a while before I rolled my body out from under my sheets and made my way to the bathroom. Quickly I brushed my teeth, combed my hair and put it up into a high ponytail. I went back to my room after that and changed into my clothes for school. Today I was wearing some skinny black sweatpants, a volleyball long sleeve tee and a really cozy hoodie. On my feet I had on some fake 'Uggs' and some wool socks to keep my feet from freezing.

After I was ready for school I grabbed my phone off my bed and then glided down the cold wood stairs.

"Morning." My sister greeted me as I opened up the fridge, looking for something quick to eat.

"Morning." I said with my eyes focused on what was in the fridge. My eyes found some peach yogurt and my then my hands reached out and grabbed it. After I got my yogurt I closed the fridge door and went to get a spoon. I took a plastic spoon and my yogurt, said goodbye to my sister and then walked outside to get into my car.

Just when I got into my car I got a text from Jo, Could I get another ride today? My car still isn't fixed.

Sure. B there soon. I responded before turning on the heat and driving out of my driveway and onto Jo's a few blocks down.

I honked so she would know to come out. SHe came out the same way she did before. Her shoes were in her hand and her backpack slung over her shoulder. "Hellooo." She chirped as she got in the car and put on her seat belt.

"Hi." I smiled at her.

"Let's gooo." She sang as I pulled out of her driveway. "Congrats again on your game yesterday." Jo complimented me.

"Thanks." A flush slowly creeped onto my cheeks.

"No prob." Jo grinned. "You were seriously amazing though." She gushed.

"Thanks. But I really wasn't" I whispered, my cheeks turning even pinker. I didn't like compliments. They made me feel weird. Maybe it's because I never really got many of them, so when I got one I would get nervous.

"Stop being so modest. " Jo lectured me. I took a left turn right when Jo was about to say something else, "You know you were amazing. It's a fact." She said stubbornly.

"Well you're a seriously amazing writer." I told her.

"Thanks." She smiled.

"I love your story that you're writing right now about all the fantasy creatures." I said. I took a right turn up to the school parking lot. It was a busy day or at least at the time that we came. Everyone was looking for parking spots. Jo fastly pointed out one really close to us so I headed towards it. Right as I was about to get another car came in front of me and took the spot, "Shoot." I yelled.

We waited for the people to step out before we drove. When the two people came out and turned to face us I saw that it was Coen and Zach. Coen stuck his tongue out at me teasing me. "I hate you Coen Aimes." I said to him as I rolled down my window.

"You know you don't mean that." He smiled.

"I do." I responded.

"No you don't." He refused. Then he turned his back and started walking towards the school building.

"I do!" I shouted so he could hear me.

He stopped where he was, turned around and the mouthed to me, No you don't sweetheart. The very last thing I saw was him giving me a devilish smile before someone behind me honked their horn. I then proceeded to move so I didn't get an angry person yelling at me to move it.

After a few minutes of searching, Jo and I found a spot to park. We got out of the car and then walked towards the school building. Once we got inside we headed to our first period class together.

We took our seat and then the class began. "Today, you guys are just going to focus on reading your books for your book groups and working on your journals for the week. If you have any questions on the assignment or the book please just come and talk to me." Mr. Johnson explained to us. "I'm going to leave you guys now so you can get as much reading in today." He then went back to his desk, sat down and then his eyes went straight to his computer screen. Probably reading e-mails or something.

Jo and I pulled out our books and got started reading. I personally liked reading a lot. I think it's cool to go into a different person's life or a different place for a period of time. It always interested me, but I couldn't write a story for the life of me. It would probably only be a three page story with horrible character development and characters. I guess it's one of the reasons why Jo and I got along, she would write the stories and then I would read them.

---->

My fourth period class was an elective period and I took Home Economics or Home EC. It wasn't my favorite class that I've ever taken but it was better than technology class with the most horrible teacher ever.

Today in Home EC we were sewing patchwork pillows. I already had my patterns picked out and now all I needed to do was to sew them together and stuff the pillow. Thankfully we had sewing machines because if we were sewing by hand my pillow probably wouldn't last a second.

My pattern scheme was a dusty purple and white theme. I looked really pretty once I sewed all the pieces of fabric together. I then took some pillow stuffing and stuffed my pillow to my liking, which was like a regular pillow. after the stuffing was in I went back to the sewing machine and sewed the hole together. It ended up looking actually decent. I showed it to my teacher and she said that it looked really good. I then asked her what I could do and she said that there wasn't much time left in class so I could draw or read or do something silently. I decided to read my Language Arts book. I opened it up and with every word I started drifting off into another world.

---->

The next class I had was Social Studies. When we got into the classroom the teacher assigned us new seats. I was now in front of the the class, smack right in the center table. Coen sat at the table but now he was in my original seat.

Once all the seating was sorted out the lesson started. Today we were talking about the American Revolution. The teacher explained all the different Acts the British made. Also like every other day in Social Studies we had to watch a video so we watched this really cute cartoon about the Revolution. When the video was over the teacher went to go and turn the lights back on. When he went to go turn them on I felt something tap my back. Then I heard something fall. I looked down and right at my feet I saw a paper plane. I picked it up, really confused on what was happening. I opened it just like every other paper plane I've received, except this time I opened it slower. It read, Turn around. Following the directions, still in confusion I turned around. And there was a face greeting me, grinning, smiling.

"Coen Aimes." I shook my head. "I should have know it was you all along."

---->

A/N: Yay! My first complete story/short story. If you guys were wondering this short story had at total of 24580 words and 70 pgs on google docs.

The sequel 'Paper Love' is already posted and completed if you want to read that. It will the last book in this short story series. You don't have to read it if you just want to decide what happens to Coen and Fay yourself but I wanted to write one since I thought this left off kind of ciff hangery and I loved writing about them and their characters. So yeah. I hope you enjoyed this short story. Thank you so much for the continuous support!

~Scarlett or Pham234

---THE END->