6. Only, Coen Aimes

Chapter 6: Only, Coen Aimes
I woke up on a saturday morning to the sound of my phone buzzing. I looked at the time to see that it was 7:00 and that there were two texts from Zach.
Wanna go to the arcade w/ Jo, Coen and me?
We're leaving at 11:00 so txt me or Jo before then.
Then I responded with, Sure.
I got out of bed and got changed changed into some jeans and a long sleeve volleyball tee shirt that was black and had neon pink writing. Once my outfit was on I skipped to my bathroom and started to brush my teeth and comb my hair. After my teeth and hair was taken care of I put on some light concealer and a little bit of mascara just so I would look more alive.
For breakfast I had oatmeal with cut up strawberries on top and some coffee with sugar and cream. (Don't tell my mom.) After that I just went onto my phone and waited.
---->
*ding dong* I heard the bell ring.
I quickly jumped out of my seat to unlock the door and let them in. "Hello!" Zach smiled as he stepped into my house. "We brought scones!" He yelled in a booming voice.
"Shhh.." I hushed. "My parents are sleeping." I whispered as he handed me the box of scones that I thankfully took and placed on the counter.
"Sorry." He whispered back.
Soon Jo and Coen came in and said hi in a regular volume leveled voice. After everyone ate a scone and was ready to go I left a note for my parents saying where I was at and what time I would be home then we left.
---->
"Ooo.. What game should we play first?" Jo asked as we walked into the arcade.
"I'm going over to whatever gets the most tickets!" Coen scoffed.
"Well I'm gonna go to the shooting teeth thing." I said.
"I don't really care." Zach responded.
"How about we go to the Whack-A-Mole and Fay and Coen can do whatever they want." Jo chimed in.
"Sounds good." Zach answered.
We all went away in separate directions. Jo and Zach headed towards their destination, which was on the right and Coen and I headed to our destinations which was left. "So, is the game that you want to play fun?" Coen asked me as we walked beside each other.
"No, thats why I always play it." I said very sarcastically.
"Hahaha. Your so funny." He said sarcastically back.
"So are you." I cooed as I walked towards my game and he continued to walk to his. And it so happened to be right next to mine.
"Thanks it means a lot coming from you." He said sarcastically again.
"I know." I shot back. I swiped my card and then I picked up the fake gun and started shooting te teeth trying to knock all of them out. I ended up knocking all of them out and getting ten tickets for it. It was a total rip off but so worth it.
"Wow you're good." He said, actually genuine this time.
"Thanks." I smiled. "You seem pretty good yourself." I said to him as I saw how many tickets he was holding in his hand.
"Just luck I guess." He shrugged.
"Well you must have really good luck then!" I exclaimed.
"What can I say." He said in a fake conceded way as he started doing the flicking the dust off his shoulder move.
"Just when I think that you could have actual emotions and be normal you have to do that."
"Well, I guess I'm not normal then. And you'll just have to deal with it." He smirked as he stuck his tongue out at me.
---->
Coen and I walked with all of our tickets to the prize section. I only had fifty tickets so I couldn't really buy that much. The man that worked behind the counter came over and then asked me, "What can I get for you?"
"I'll have two..." I said before I was cut off by Coen.
"Actually she'll have that." He said as he pointed to the big stuffed pencil.
I looked at him in shock and then whispered, "I don't have enough."
"I know." He smiled. Then I realized, he was going to get it for me. He got in front of me and then handed all his tickets to the man and then the man took them and replaced them with the big stuffed pencil. "Thank you!" Coen thanked him.
We turned and wlaked away from the prize section and he place the pencil into my hands, "You didn't have to." I told him.
"I know. I just, wanted to." He said and then skipped away to where Jo and Zach were standing.
We all met back at the same place that we split up in. "Pizza sounds so good right now!" I groaned.
"Yes! We should totally get pizza!" Jo agreed.
"Pizza!" Coen mimicked.
"I guess were getting pizza." Zach said as he threw his arms up in the air.
"Pizza!" We all cheered.
"Could I have two slices of cheese pizza please?" I asked the lady at the booth.
"Sure, and what would you like to drink?" she asked.
"I'll have a mountain dew please." I said politely and then handed her fifteen buck and then she gave me back some change.
"I'll be out soon." She told me and then Jo went up and ordered with Zach by her side. I waited on the side for them to order.
After they finished ordering I heard Zach say, "Don't worry I'll pay."
"O, Ookayy." Jo said nervously as Zach took her money off then counter and put his on the counter in exchange of hers. "Thanks." She whispered and then looked up at hima gave a small smile.
We all took our paper plates and cups and sat down at a circle metal table near the game section of the arcade. As soon as we sat down in our seats everyone started to dig into their pizzas. "Mmmm.. This is so good!" I moaned as I took my first bite.
"Mmmm..." Coen mocked me.
"Cut it!" I laughed with food in my mouth. Classy, I know.
"I was just agreeing with you. Whats so wrong about that?" He asked.
"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and turned my concentration back to my food.
---->
"Should we get pretzels?" I asked slyly after we left the arcade and finished our pizza.
"Wow.." Coen dragged out. "Can I say, fattie!" He mocked me.
"Like you're any different." I teased.
"Hey!" He screamed. "I think my bodies beautiful and if you think I'm so fat, tell that to my six pack." He shot back.
Just as he was about to lift his shirt up to show me his non existent six pack I screamed, "Stop it! Put the shirt down!"
"Come on. You know you want to see it." He wiggled his eyebrows at me.
"Oh god." I said as I pretended to throw up. After I recovered I asked, "Well, are we getting pretzels or not?"
"Sure." Zach responded.
We walked into a really cute little pretzel shop that had homemade chocolate pretzels to original. The man at the register welcomed us and showed us the many varieties of pretzels. "How am I suppose to pick?" I asked in agony.
"If I were you I would go for the cinnamon sugar one." The man suggested.
"Okay then, I'll have that one then." I smiled. "Do you guys want anything?" I asked.
"I'm good." Zach and Jo said together.
I looked over at Coe and he just shook his head. "Well I guess thats it." I told him.
"Alright, that'll be five dollars please." I handed him five dollars and he exchanged that with a receipt and a pretzel. "Thank you." I said.
We walked out of the shop and went to go sit on some bricks that lined a little circle of grass outside of the pretzel shop. I ate my pretzel while we talked. Then as I turned my head towards Jo to listen to what she was saying I felt someone creeping up on my pretzel and trying to take some. I turned around to see a guilty Coen caught in the middle of his robbery. "I thought you didn't want any." I said.
"Well now I do?" He asked.
"Fine. You can have some." I huffed.
"Thank!" He smiled and then broke off a few pieces and stuffed them into his mouth as if he were a chipmunk getting ready for winter.
Only, Coen Aimes. Only, Coen Aimes. I thought to myself as I laughed at how ridiculous he looked.
---->
A/N: thoughts? Ahhh! Only nine chapters left!! It's sad but exciting at the same time!! I hope you guys are liking the story so far! I'll try and update soon! Thanks for reading!

~Pham234 or Scarlett