Chapter Forty Three: The Ocean Is Black and Black The Sky Is Too

Extra long chapter bc it's been sometime since I updated. Listen to the song above or wherever it is haha at the part you should- you'll know when! Dedicated to fivesecondsoffallout for being awesome!

||Cole Wentz|| First Person||

The following days after I finally was released from the hospital were... different. Rather than us taking the train back to Vancouver that we took to come to Whistler, the tour bus was scheduled to pick us up at the hotel. I didn't have to pack my belongings because I simply hadn't unpacked them to begin with because of Superfly Ziplines. If I'm to be completely honest with you, I kind of refused to step foot into Patrick and my hotel room because I was so scared. Patrick went in for the both of us and managed to clear it out while I stayed with Pete and Jeremy. The hospital gifts were all in the bus, the stuffed animals pushed into a spare bunk that really wasn't in use. I think I heard Andy dub it the Remember bunk, made for me to never forget about what I did and how much I could have left behind, measured in stuffed animals and heart felt handwritten cards with personal messages.

"Are you a hundred percent sure you can run the merch stalls still?" Pete asks me on the day of the Vancouver concert, the sun shining. I nod my head in exasperation, putting my hands on my hips after I push my sunglasses up higher on the bridge of my nose

"Are you a hundred percent sure you aren't in love with Chelsea still?" I shoot at my brother, making him roll his brown eyes at my sass. After Alex and Josh left when I was still at the hospital, Chelsea and her friends came to visit us. In a way, I feel like I immediately clicked with Kate and Chelsea. I later found out that Kate is basically a hardcore extrovert. The girl literally had too much pent up energy in her, and when she's with people she is comfortable with, she releases it all at once. And then Anna? Anna is the kind of girl to sit in the corner with a group of people and not speak with then until she is a hundred percent comfortable with them. It took exactly a half hour for her to start talking with me, and when she did, the girl was basically me in a nutshell, with her sarcastic remarks and attitude. I had this strange feeling that they were going to be good friends of mine. Pete must have seen that too, because he basically invited the three girls to stay with us for the remainder of the tour since there was a lot of extra space on the buses. Either that or he was majorly whipped by Chelsea Evans.

"I'll punch you," Pete warns me.

"I'll punch you right back. Admit it, dumbass- you like her." I sigh dramatically, almost as if the concept was the easiest thing to grasp. Pete shakes his head.

"If you're so hellbent on running the stalls, can you work with Chelsea for the first half and then take a break? There's always room side stage." Pete ignores my pressing, tugging the sides of my beanie a bit. I shrug my shoulders. "Did you take your inhaler?"

"Yes, I did, and I coughed anyways." I tell him, making Pete smile at me and kiss my forehead lightly.

"Good. Call us if you need anything."
Pete tells me before he just has to run off to get ready. It was an outdoor arena, the show probably starting at four PM. The guys already completed soundcheck, and now the show was going to start soon. I hurry up and make my way down to the merch stalls. The gates were opening right now, and Chelsea will probably murder me if I didn't get there in time to help her.

"Hey," I breathe out, slipping into the booth next to her. She smiles when she sees me.

"Hey, we've already set up. Are you able to handle cash?" She asks me, and I nod my head yes before the first swarm of teenagers and adults flood in. "Great,"

I don't know how long Chelsea and me are there selling band merch, but it must be a while because I can hear Paramore going on with their set. Before I know it, Paramore is starting their cover songs.