Chapter Eighteen: Somewhere Between Happy And Total Freaking Wreck

||Cole Wentz||First Person||

So, it's finally the last week of the American part of tour. We're officially done with the show in San Francisco, California(the show was last night), and my hair is still as pink as ever.

The bright pink actually didn't turn out as badly as Elisa thought it would, which makes me extremely happy. I am still royally pissed, but only at her. Not towards anyone else. Only two more shows and then she's gone.

When the boys of Panic! and the Paramore trio saw my hair, they were unsure of how to react. It's kind of different than my usual, and they were all stuck in between laughing good heartedly and being kind of upset. I mean, it wasn't my intention to get it that colour, and even if it's kind of cute in a 'I'll kick your ass' kind of way, it still didn't feel like me. Brendon always teases me about how I should get pig tails with ribbons and wear skirts, even if I'm the same 'punk' girl I was before. In the mean time, Hayley is saying I have to dye one half fiery orange so we could both have half orange and half pink hair like the Still Into You video. I insisted that blue is way too cute on her and that she should keep it for a little longer.

So basically, we're heading off to some sort of Paintball Arena that goes by the name of Paintball Jungle Fields & Pro-shop. It's all the way in American Canyon, CA which is about an hour away from San Francisco. The whole group got interested in playing paintball after Elisa brought it up to everyone. It's weird because Elisa hates paintball, but nobody really questioned it because it seemed like a good idea.

"I almost forgot," Patrick says when the bus stops, arms out behind him while Pete stealthily slips something into his hands. "Cole, I got you something yesterday."

"What is it?" I ask, rummaging through my bag to double check if I have everything I'd need for the day ahead of us. I finally look up at him as I tug on the laces of my red Converse.

"You remember the Discomposed Composers documentary we talked about?" Patrick asks me, fumbling with whatever it is behind his back. I nod hesitantly, feeling Elisa's narrowed eyes watching every move we make.

He better not have.

"Pete kind of helped me pay for the thing you wanted." He says, bringing out the super expensive Cannon camera. I'm speechless of course, simply looking at my brother and Patrick with shock.

Holy crap, he did.

"What?" Elisa and I both speak at the same time, her voice filled with more anger and shock than mine. I can't help but fling my arms around Patrick and then Pete. The two laugh at my reaction and wrap their arms around me back.

"Oh my God, that thing was like half of a thousand bucks!" I grin, bouncing up and down as Patrick smiles sheepishly and hands me the box. I can't help but almost drool at the thought that my new Cannon is in here.

Why did they bother buying it for me, though? I'm not special enough for this much money to be spent on me.

"That's nothing, Cole." Pete laughs, reaching out and ruffling my hair. "We just want you to be happy."

"You guys!" I beam, pulling them into another hug. I do my best to squeeze the daylights out of the two boys. "I'm not happy, I'm ecstatic!"

"Um, Patty, hon', can I speak to you? Back there?" Elisa clears her throat and puts a hand on my shoulder. Her manicured and sharp fingernails pick at my Batman sweater like I'm filth, pulling me back from Patrick. I turn around and flick her hand off, pulling off the best glare I can muster. Andy cups his hands over his mouth and tries his best to not giggle.

"Yeah, sure." Patrick says, still making a face at the nickname Patty. I can't help but snort lightly and shove him gently forward towards the wicked witch. He looks back at me and grins, somehow knowing what I'm thinking. The two make their way to the back lounge, Patrick walking behind the tantrum thrower.