Chapter Nine: The Best Of Us Can Find Happiness In Misery

Just wanted to say that I actually think Elisa is a very lovely lady in real life so I am not portraying her personality whatsoever in this story accurately. This is more like an OC Elisa, okay? Thanks for all the continued support on this story!

||Cole Wentz||First Person||

The very next morning, I wake up to find my face pressed into Brendon's shoulder, his shirt covering my nose. I pull my head back and inhale a breath of air, relishing the feeling of being able to breathe normally again.

I lie there for a second, my eyes trained on the ceiling above me. Brendon's cologne is still lingering on the sheets, the faint smell stuck to my t-shirt because of how tightly I was holding onto him last night.

l told Brendon his name. I told him when I was too emotional for my own good, and fuck, he's going to tell Pete. He has to tell Pete because Pete would kill him if he found out Brendon was hiding something from him that concerned me. Goddamnit.

I let my lips part slightly and inhale a deep breath of air, trying to calm my nerves. Brendon promised me. He promised me, and no matter how big of a mouth he has(literally, too), he can't break it. It's too fragile.

Right?

"Want to explain?" Brendon whispers, and thats when I realize that he's been awake all this time. I turn my head in his direction and open my mouth, no sound coming out of it for some time.

"No," I manage to respond to him.

"You wanted to. You told me a name. Who is Derek Skinner?" Brendon pries, pushing himself up a bit into a seated position. I let him pull me over to his lap, where I lie on his legs and continue looking at the ceiling.

"A guy." I answer bluntly, earning a sigh from him.

"No, really?" Brendon says to me. I let out a weak laugh at his sass. He grins and pokes my cheek. "But seriously, Cole. What does he mean to you?"

Disgusting.

Crazy.

Liar.

Rapist.

"You want to know?" I say, my voice straining ever so slightly as my hands find a support on the bed to push myself up.

"Yes." Brendon says, his eyes dark and his full lips parting ever so slightly. "Please, Colby."

"Derek Skinner is an asshole to me. He's disgusting, he's horrendous. He's a fucking criminal." I spit out through gritted teeth. Brendon's eyes are wide in shock. I can see it.

"He hurt me, and I swear to God, Brendon, if you tell Pete any of this, you're dead to me." I hiss, my voice cracking as I feel the burn behind my eyes.

Don't cry, you fucking baby.

"He hurt you?" Is all Brendon says, his tone expressing his exasperation clearly. I bite my lower lip and force myself to nod. "How?"

"Promise me, please, Brendon." I say, the dam breaking and the tears flowing down like a waterfall. Crap. "Don't ever speak of this."

"I promise you."

Don't tell him, you fucking idiot.

I look back behind me. I search the room, double checking if there is anyone here to hear our conversation. Joe is gone. He probably went to meet up with the guys for some last minute exploring. The bus would be picking us up later down the street, so we were asked not to venture too far away and stay together if possible. Ryan is gone as well. Probably went to find Spencer or Dallon.