Heartache

really short chapter! I know i've been doing a lot of time skips/leaving holes in the timeline but what's the point in writing about katyas day at school everyday for the span of a month.
Also so sorry i disappeared A G A I N.
•••••••
Trixie is coming home today. She texted me at the Austin airport and i'm driving to go pick her up.

While she was away her album hit the top ten folk charts. I was blasting her music, it wasn't really my taste but trixie is.

I pulled up to the pickup zone and spotted a pink blob surrounded by pink suitcases, i honked and trixie turned her head and scurried to the car. She dropped her bags in the back and hopped in.

"hey, barbie"
i leaned over and gave her a kiss

"h-hey"

"are you okay?"

"yea of course. I just got to produce my own album and watch it make top ten"
she fidgeted with the bottom of her sweatshirt.

"i dont think you're okay. What's going on?"

"ill tell you later. let's just get to my place so i can un pack and we can spend some well deserved time together"

I drove to trixies apartment and helped her unpack. She wasn't herself. She seemed troubled or worried.
Every time i asked what was wrong she'd say she didn't want to tell me yet.

I started to panic again.
Was she over me.
Did she meet someone else?
Did she not want me anymore?

"what movie do you wanna watch baby"

"i uh don't know. I'm kinda tired and just want to sleep"

"katya, since when have you ever passed up the chance to cuddle and watch movies?"

"since today i guess. since when did you stop telling me things and hiding shit from me?"

"katya- i- that's not fair. I will tell you just not right now. i want to just have one night with you"

"Trixie if there's something you need to tell me then tell me because i've been thinking all fucking day about what it might be and i'm terrified. So please tell me what's going on and save me the heartache"

"heartache?"

"yea. Heartache. You're acting so stressed around me and nervous like you're about to cut me off"

"i would never do that katya! I would never leave you. I'm going on a European tour. i leave in a little over a week. i'll be gone for a few months"

"will you be here for my birthday?"

"n-no. i won't be back till the end of may"

"you can't be serious right now. You just left for a month and now you're about to pack up and leave for nearly four?!"

"i know baby. It's not ideal. But good news is, because of this, i have to quit my teaching job. which means we'll have even more freedom when you're 18"

"but- you are the best art teacher i've ever had and you are the first person who could make me understand math. There's no one who can replace you"

"katya, it will be okay. trust me."

"i know. i just don't want you gone so long. A single month was torturous"

"we'll talk as much as we can. I'll be on a tour bus for most of the time and then at shows. i'll be extremely busy but i'll talk to you anytime i possibly can"

"okay"

"now what movie do you wanna watch"

"i have no clue. you choose."

••••••

Trixie is gone for her tour.

Her first show is tonight. I'm so excited for her but so sad i can't be in the crowd watching her.

The new teacher is a bitch. I can't stand her and hate school so much now.

I used to love it and now i skip nearly every day.

I only go in for tests.

I barely talk to adore anymore and i swear i'm going crazy.

Trixie has only been gone for a week and i'm already so helpless because i know she's not gonna be back soon.

She hasn't messaged me yet and i'm trying my hardest to stay positive and keep in mind how busy she is.

There is no way.
There is no way we will never talk again. 
And i know that for sure.