love

"What about this?" Adore held up a black slip dress

"Nope"

"Ugh you are impossible"

"I'm sorry. I have to look my best tonight for Trixie. I'm so stressed Adore"

"I know babe. We've been in this mall too long. I don't think you're gonna find what you need here."

"Well where the fuck else are we supposed to go?"

"I'm thinking vintage"

"Oh my god why didn't we go thrifting in the first place?! We just wasted so much time"

"Thank me later let's go"

Me and Adore left the mall and drove to the nearest vintage store. Bianca was kind enough to let Adore use her car today.

"Oh hi Katya! How are you?"

"Hey max, you work here?"

"Indeed I do. What are you looking for?"

"Something hot but not too hot but like hot enough?"

"I get what you mean. Let me take a look. Just have a seat"

We sat down on the fancy antique couch that was at the front of the store and was part of a little lounge area. Max walked around the store grabbing things off hangers

"Alright darling here's what I've got"

Max held up a red dress

"Mm no"

She put it back on the hanger and held up the next thing. It was a black blazer with these puffy frilly shoulders

"No"

"What?! That's perfect"
Adore got up and took the blazer from max

"You don't think it's too fancy?"

"Absolutely not. It's perfect, it's New Year's Eve. Everyone's dressed up"

"Well what would I wear it with?"

"Hold on. I'll be right back" max hung up all the clothes she had and went to the back of the store "Katya! Come here darling"

I stood and went to max

"Here try this with the blazer and if it looks good we can figure out accessories"

I grabbed the blazer from adore and the black skirt from max. The dressing room was small and had hats, jewelry and scarves hung all around. I put on the outfit and it fit like a glove. I looked hot too.

I stepped out and they both gasped

"Damn kat. You're fucking hot girl"

"Well you're obviously wearing that tonight. I'll go grab some jewelry" max scurried off once again and returned with a bunch of accessories "put these on"
She handed me six black rings and I put them on, some stacked on top of each other.

"And now this" max gave me a black necklace that was intricate and long. When I put it on it hung perfectly in my cleavage

"Max are you magic? How are you so good at this? Katya looks phenomenal"

"Oh thank you dear. I love styling"

"I'm gonna get changed and I'll pay for this"

I went back into the dressing room and looked at myself in the mirror. I did look phenomenal.

I changed and brought everything to the counter. Max rang it all up and the total was nearly three hundred dollars

"Oh fuck no. I can't afford that. I'll find something else"

"All this has been in store for nearly four years. Just take it, there's no cameras." Max took the security tags off everything and put it into a bag

"Thank you so much Max. I owe you one"

We left the store and Adore dropped me off

"Good luck whore. I love you. I want all the details tomorrow"

"Bye love you too"

I ran into the house, Sharon and Alaska were on another weekend getaway for New Years so the house was silent.

While I did my makeup I listened to music. It was all Russian pop and songs Trixie forced me to add to the playlist when she found out I didn't really like music much.
I went with the classic black Smokey eye and red lips. I also took the time to do my hair wavy.

It was quarter to nine and I rushed to get dressed. Luckily I had time to run upstairs and put on some cologne and brush my teeth.

A loud honk came from outside and I ran out putting on my heels as I went.

Everyone gave me a cat call when I got into the car.

"Tonight is gonna be great" Ben wiggled in her seat

"Oh shit! I forgot something. I'll be right back" I ran back into the house and down to my room grabbing and shoving a long black box into my pocket. I nearly fell on my way back to the car

"Okay let's go"

"What did you forget that was so important to make us five minutes off schedule?"

"Oh calm down ginger. It's none of your business"

Sasha just chuckled and patted my leg

We drove to the bar and sat at the same table I was at when I first saw Trixie perform in September.

"I'll get y'all drinks tonight. What do you want?"

"Oh a margarita would be lovely" Ben exclaimed

"I'll have a martini"

"And Katya will have water. Perfect"

"Oh come on ginger. Let the girl have a drink" Sasha bumped her shoulder into ginger

"Fine. You only get one. What do you want?"

"I'll take any cocktail"

"Alright. Be right back ladies"

"Can I ask you both something?"

"For sure sweetie"

"Do you think this whole master plan is too much? Like I've only known Trixie for four months. I think I like her more than I should"

"Well Attraction is a wild thing. Sometimes it takes awhile and sometimes it's instant. It really depends. But we all know Trixie was attracted to you instantly and I'm guessing you were attracted to Trixie right away too. You care about eachother so much and I've never seen anything like the two of you"

"Yea Sasha is right. You and Trixie are special"

"Okay. Thank you. I'm just really nervous. I don't really know if Trixie wants to see me tonight but I guess there's no going back now"

"Exactly now drink" ginger appeared behind me with a tray of drinks and she set each down before sitting with us.

"Cheers ladies"

"За любовь" Sasha raised her glass exclaiming a Russian cheers

"За любовь? Why'd you choose that cheers?"

"You don't think love is what we should be toasting too? Love is why we're sitting here right now"
••••
За любовь : To love