heart skips a beat

Not proof read
••••••
We had walked around the art museum for a couple hours. Telling each other stories and laughing.

We walked out to the park across from the museum. Trixie sat on a bench

"You're very different from the average 17 year old. Did you know that?"

"I've been through a lot more than most in 17 years"

"Hm, well tell me about it all. I'm no stranger to a stressful childhood" she patted the spot beside her and I joined her on the bench.

"You really want to know?"

"I'd love to know. I know you are from russia, you are a lesbian, and you have many talents"

"Well I was born in Russia. Both my parents are still in Russia because they have stable jobs and they decided to send me here after I came out to them because I could be killed by the government. I was like 14 when I came to America. It was messy and illegal. My dad had a side hustle selling drugs for a long time and I took that career path as well to make money as soon as I got here, I met Sharon and Alaska after selling cocaine to Sharon when she was 18 and I was sadly only 15 she ended up giving me a place to stay and I still live with her now. I quit selling. I'm still a dead beat."

"You're absolutely not a dead beat"

"I'm a 17 year old that smokes and has nothing better to do. Sounds like a fail to me"

"Katya if you think a smart, funny, artistic, charming woman like you is a dead beat or a failure you are so wrong. The smoking, it's not good. I know I smoke too but it's really not good, I also know that you are old enough to understand what smoking does to your body"

"Hm yea I know. You really think I'm not a loser?"

"Not at all"

The truth is, Trixies approval was the I only thing I needed. It's only been two weeks and she was already the person I looked up to the most. I had a raging crush on her, at first it was just because she was hot but now I've truly began to fall for her and admire her on such a high level.

"Can I ask you something Barbie?"

"Go for it"

"What did you mean when you said you were no stranger to a stressful childhood?"

"umm.. well My mom always had a new boyfriend every month until I turned ten, that's when she married my stepdad. I don't remember the first time he hurt me but I remembered the last time. I was fifteen. He had hit me and I went to my room. He was so drunk that night. He came into my room with a shot gun"

My heart skipped a beat and I felt sick.

"I thought he was going to kill me. I finally spoke up and told a friend what happened and within the month I was taken from my mom and step dad and placed with my grandparents. I like to remember that if any of that didn't happen, I wouldn't be who I am right now. Experiences good or bad shape who we are and can make us better or worse. It all depends on how we use the energy"

"Wow. I have such high respect for you mrs.mattel. I know I joke and call you Barbie and act like a smart ass but that's just who I am. You are a strong human"

"That means a lot Katya and please call me Trixie or only you can call me Barbie. Mrs.mattel is so bleh."

"Alright Barbie"

We walked around the park for an hour and headed to trixies apartment to get ready for her little show.

"So have you done this with any other students?"

"No. Never. I still need to figure out what I'm thinking. You are in my apartment right now getting ready with me so I can take you to a bar to watch me play a couple songs and perform. There is so many things wrong and illegal"

"It's Not that bad, I mean I was doing way worse with teachers at my other school"

"I'm aware." Trixie spoke through gritted teeth and I couldn't help but giggle

"Oh you are? Am I the talk of the town?"

"Actually you kind of were. Well just a few teachers. It was immature and unprofessional"

"Who were you gossiping with?!"

"I'm not telling...."

I glared at her and heard her mumble a few words as she put on lip liner "what?"

"Hm?"

"Oh don't play dumb. What did you say?"

"i dont know what you're talking about"

"trixie"

"i said You're 17. You shouldn't be on tinder.

Come on let's go."

"WHAT" I followed her down the hall and out to the car

"I'm not saying anything more, Zamo. Get in the car"

"Oh my fucking god"