Chapter 71

"Aneel, listen I.." she started. Aneel released his hold on my hand. He still got tense the moment he saw her. He was about to walk away but I stopped him. It was now or never.

"Finish" I said looking at Maryam. She looked at me confused, not understanding what I meant.

"Finish Maryam" I said. She looked at Aneel for a second and nodded. She cleared her throat, also knowing that it was now or never.

"Aneel.. Let me just tell you the thruth" she said. Aneel just looked forward, acting like he wasn't listening but he was.

"Go on" I said, not caring about anything. I wanted to know. I wanted to know if he was going to forgive her. I wanted to know if he was going back to her.

"When you were in a gang, I realised that it wasn't going to work between us" she said and I saw Aneel immediately turn to her.

"You loved me, I was sure of that, but I just didn't want that kind of life. I didn't want to live like wondering if you were alive or not. So.. so I just ran away" she said. Anxiety was eating me alive and I was scared of where this talk was going. He took a step forward.

"All this time.. All this time you just.. you just ran away because you didn't want to live like that. I hurt her" he said, pointing his finger at me. He was red from anger and I knew he was about to explode.

"Have you ever even asked me if I was in a gang?! I wasn't! But instead of asking you just.. ran away?! And I cried over you! I cried because I thought you were dead because of me.." he said whispering the last part.

"I know, but-" she said but he didn't let her finish. He now pointed his finger at her.

"No! You don't know, okay? You don't know. You don't know about the days I hurt this girl so much that she just wanted to give up her life! You don't know about the days when I came home all drunk, crying like a stupid kid! I hurt her because of you!" he said, kicking the trashcan which stood next to him. I grabbed his hand and forced him to look at me. Maybe it would help.

"But Aneel, just listen. What's past is past. Okay, I made a huge mistake, but we can always try again.." she said whispering the last part.

"Why did you come back now? After two freaking years" Aneel asked the question that I wanted to ask so badly. She looked down before she looked up at him with teary eyes. She was beautiful, one of the prettiest girls I had seen.

"Because I heard that you stopped being in a gang and all the things you were doing. Aneel, please.." She said. She took a step forward, reaching out her hand to him. I felt a pang in my chest. Now was the moment. He was going to leave me. Millions of thoughts were running through my head but I couldn't concentrate on them. He looked at me for a second. It was over. I could feel it. I let go of his hand.

"Just make your goddamm choice!" I yelled. He closed his eyes but didn't reply. He then turned to Maryam. She was looking at him with teary but hopeful eyes. You are going to win, Maryam..

"There is nothing to choose. I am with who I want to be with.." he said whispering. What?! I turned to him to see if I heard right. He looked at me but then turned to Maryam.

"I am with the girl who helped me through the worst. I am with the girl who never gave up on me, even though I treated her so bad. I am with the girl I have feelings for. I am with my wife" he said.  After that, everything was blurry. I couldn't believe it. It was like a dream. I couldn't hear Maryam's cries. I couldn't hear them fighting. I couldn't hear her begging. I was lost.

I stayed like that for a few minutes. I didn't realize that Maryam was gone. When I turned to Aneel, I saw him sitting on the stair before our door. I went over to him and stood in front of him. He had his head between his knees but looked up when he saw me.

"I don't believe you" I said. I didn't know why I said it. Or I knew. It couldn't be true. He couldn't have feelings for me. He was in love with Maryam, not with me.

"What?!" he said. He looked at me in confusion. He stood up and stood in front of me.

"You.. You never touch me or anything. You never kiss me.. Like people do when they have feelings for each other. You hate me. You can't have feelings for me" I said. He looked at me with wide eyes before he looked like he saw something disgusting.

"Are you saying that you don't believe in the feelings I have for you?! I chose you over the one I had been dreaming of to meet for the last two years" he spat out. When I saw his face, I regretted it. Even though it was the thruth.

"Its just-" I said but of course, Aneel being Aneel, interrupted me.

"So you don't believe me just because I haven't kissed you yet?! I know that I am bad but how could you think that low of me? Will you believe me when I kiss you?! Is that what you want?! A kiss is it then" he said and before I could reply I felt a cold, softness feeling on my lips..

~~~~~~
Final Editing Done (04-11-2016)

OHMYGOD OHMYGOD ANEEL FEELINGS