Chapter 14

"This can sting a little" I said when I cleaned his cut on his chest with rubbing alcohol. His expression didn't change after I put it on his cut. When I finished cleaning him up ten minutes later, I sat down on the floor in front of him and he was still sitting on the couch. I was playing with my fingers cause I didn't know what to do or where to look. I couldn't stand up and walk away. I didn't know why. It was like something inside of me told me not to stand up and walk away. It was like my legs couldn't move anymore. He was looking at me. Actually, he was, the whole time. Maybe that was the reason I couldn't move.

"Why did you do it?" he asked me. I looked up at him and saw him looking at me intensely. Do what?

"What?" I asked. What did I do now?

"Helping me. Why do you care?" he said. I sighed and looked up at him. He had a weird expression and I couldn't read it. Like always, he had his walls up.

"I care cause you are human. It was my duty to help you" I said. He didn't look satisfied with my answer. He leaned in a bit.

"Give me the right answer" he said. I looked at him and pushed myself away a little.

"Because, even though we don't want it, we are each others responsibilities. I couldn't let you just come home by yourself like that. I don't hate you that much" I said. He had that weird expression again and it bothered me that I couldn't read it. I didn't know if he was making fun of my state in his head or that he was feeling something else.

"Why? I'm always mean to you. You could take advantage of that. Like payback" he said. I stood up and wanted to walk away. He was being weird and I didn't like it.

"Well, I didn't" I said and walked to my bedroom. I took my pajamas and went to the bathroom to take a shower. During showering I realized how hungry I was. I mentally told myself to eat something when I finished showering.

After a while I got dressed in my pajamas and made my way to the living room. Our kitchen and living room were in the same room, but it was quite big. When I went over to the kitchen I saw Aneel  eating like he hadn't eaten in years. I smiled a bit when he saw me and some food spilled out of his mouth. He was a bit red but didn't say anything and continued to eat. I took a plate for us and put food on both and went to the dining table. I set down the stuff and then went back to the kitchen and grabbed Aneel's arm, ignoring some tingles, and took him to the table. He sat down and I did the same. He looked at me amused.

"What?" I said smiling. He shook his head.

"Nothing. It's just, when you ever marry someone who you love, you would wear the pants in house. Like, you really dragged me here and forced me to eat" he said and I started to laugh and after a while he started too. I couldn't believe it. Me and Aneel. Laughing together. Even though it didn't make sense.

I wanted to ask him about the fight but thought I'd ask him another time. We didn't say anything to each other after his joke and he made his way to the bedroom after dinner. I went to my room and lied down after doing the dishes. I heard the sound of the rain and immediately fear started to rise. Memories started to come up to my mind. I was scared of thunder, because they beat me up worse then they did before, cause the neighbors couldn't hear me screaming from the sound of the rain and thunder.

"You worthless waste of human being!" he yelled while kicking me in the stomach. Ibrahim walked into the room with a wooden stick. I closed my eyes, not wanting to witness the murderous look they held. Then the pain started. They were yelling things that I was used to. The pain that I felt became unbearable, so I closed my eyes, letting myself fall into the numbness.

There it was. Thunder started. Fear crept into my mind and I started pulling my hair. 'Don't, please, don't. It hurts. It always hurt. I'm scared. I'm scared. I'm scared' was the only things that I could hear. Without realizing, I screamed for Aneel.

"Aneel!" I yelled. Within a second he was beside me. He looked at me and looked like he didn't know what he had to do. I just kept crying, replaying the memories and screaming for them to stop. Before I knew it I was in the arms of Aneel and he lifted me up bridal style and took me to his bedroom. I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face in it, wanting nothing more than embrace and comfort. I wanted it to stop. I wanted it all to be washed out of my memory, permanently gone. He sat down on his bed and stroked my back softly.

"Ssshh.. It's okay" he said, over and over again, making me relax in his arms.

~~~~~~~~

Ahwww!

Thank you so much for everything. For reading, voting and commenting. I appreciate it so much and love y'all!

Final Editing Done: 23-09-2016