Chapter Ten : They can dance?

"I got this feelin' inside my bones

It goes electric, wavy when I turn it on

All through my city, all through my home

We're flyin' up, no ceilin', when we in our zone"

Song : Can't stop this feeling by Justin Timberlake

"I swear, I can never get used to this view.", I was in awe

The 4 musketeers came back here in broad daylight. The view looks breath taking in the morning and magical and mysterious in the night. They decided to build a treehouse without any help. I haven't told them about yesterday and I intended to keep it that way. I'm afraid to ruin this playful mood they've got.

"Remind me again, why must we recreate the old treehouse?", I asked carrying the tools from the car.

"So, we can beat nostlagia's ass.", replied Jack, cutting logs.

"It was an important memory as kids. And since, we've got a new addition, we need to create memories with her.", Dylan said, smiling.

"But what happened to the old one.", I inquired, as I sat near the pile of tools.

"It got knocked down by some very angry men who thought they claimed this place. They didn't have the legal documents so they took out their anger on our poorly built treehouse." Persius answered, who came out from the woods carrying more logs.

"Then who does this place belong too." I asked.

"Dylan.", Persius replied.

I looked up to him and said, "You are a very luck man to have a view like this to look at any day."

Dylan nodded and went off to the woods. I noticed his change of mood and asked Persius.

"He gets sensitive on a topic like this. I've never questioned why, I just let him be.", said Persius.

So, we worked the entire afternoon, chopping, nailing things together, building the treehouse and it wasn't nearly done. We went for a frozen yogurt break but decided to finish the rest tomorrow.

The frozen yogurt place wasn't the place I go to so everything was new. I chose a new flavour and turns out, it was delicious. We sat there talking and laughing loudly but no one complaint against us for there was only a few humans present. I pushed Madi and Tasha to the back of my mind when I'm with the boys. I don't need to ruin my vibe and theirs too just be remembering that I might lose my best friend.

Across the frozen yogurt place, there was an old arcade that I've never heard before so we decided to check it out. Inside was filled with neon lights and the main stream songs. People were either shouting due to their loss or victories or jamming the songs that were being played. Honestly, it felt more like a club or disco which allows under 18 to enter without using fake IDs rather than a cool arcade.

I've never been in an arcade before but I've seen them in those old teenage movies. Since then, I've always loved the vibe an arcade gives off. I've been dreaming and looking for an arcade as soon as I found out what it was. So, you could imagine my excitement as soon as I walked in. I thought that the boys would be embarrassed to be seen with a girl fangirling and jumping up and down due to excitement but they match the same energy I gave off.

"Have you ever been to an arcade before?", asked Persius walking with me as I looked around at all the games.

"No, this is my first time.", I replied, not feeling embarrassed at all.

"Wow, you haven't lived outside the rules.", Persius joked.

"Shut up.", I laughed while smacking his arm.

"Come one, I want to take you to my favourite game." He said as he grabbed my elbow and pulled me away.

"Pacman?", I asked confused. I didn't even know they had a machine on this game.

"Yeah, and look.", he said pointing out that he was high scorer on that game.

"Congrats! This either means that you're really good or that you're jobless.", I said.

"Maybe both?" he shrugged, "Come on, you should try it."

So, I sat playing that game for an hour, trying to beat his high score but always ended up getting eaten by the ghost. I couldn't beat his score, let alone get close to it.

"I give up." I surrendered, "I'm going to play a different game now. Something that I'm good at."

I walked away with that attitude; in search of a game I could win. I found a few, but I didn't find them interesting because the game gets fun when you're competing with someone. I tried to find everyone through the crowd. Even though this is an old place, people still love it with all their heart.

My heart melts to think about the memories this place experienced. Maybe a birthday was celebrated here or a proposal happened here where they first met, or where people go to release their stress, where two friends resolve their feud or a place where we go to release positive vibes into the universe. To think about the many special memories tied to this ratty old arcade, where the older generations stood, covered by our footsteps. Imagine, how wonderful this place was when all it did was bring people together.

I spent a good hour drifting from game to game but nothing seemed to grab my heart and squeeze it. I tried searching for the guys but we were all separated that it's hard finding them in the crowd.

I walked deeper into the crowd, where people would gather to cheer on the players. I pushed and made my way through the cracks to reach upfront. To my surprise, it was the musketeers dancing as a group. I could feel the heartful laughter as they joyfully danced, not to win but danced for fun. You could see their body dancing rhythmically to the beats of the song.

I didn't know they could do other stuff other than being annoying. I joined the crowds as the cheered for them. And as the song ended, the crowd cheered with oohs and aah and do it again. They turned around and did an elaborate bow and locked eyes with me. I clapped and wooed loudly seeing them smile bigger than ever. Someone even whistled which made Jack blush and act shy.

The crowd disperse to find something more interesting than 3 boys being proud. I wanted to make fun of Jack but I was proud that he loved dancing other than flirting with girls.

"Hey Jack, is that a blush I see?", I asked smugly which made his blush go deeper.

I didn't know you boys could do something?", I question as we walked out the arcade.

"It gets boring being jobless so we learning a couple tricks to keep us entertained." Persius answered.

"You know, we expect a bouquet for our amazing performance." Dylan crossed his arms.

"Ah right, I'm sorry" I played along, "But the flower shop wouldn't sell the flowers when she saw your dance."

Dylan pouted and Jack rubbed his back and said, "Don't worry, you big baby."

His statement got everyone laughing, even Dylan.

"It's getting dark, I should go home.", I said after a while.

"We wouldn't want your aunt and uncle to freak out again.", Dylan replied.

I said my goodbyes and walked down the street but then I noticed they kept following me.

"We are not letting you home alone", Persius said. "As proper gentleman would do, we will be walking you home."

"You should be flattered young lady. Having 3 hot boys walking you home." Jack said, flexing his arms.

'I may not have my best friend with me but I'm damn lucky to have these goofballs in my life.', I thought to myself.

The sky grew dark and the wind became chilly. People disappeared from the streets. This city was never alive in the night, always an early riser. And we walked home, with our laughter echoing into the night. And for the first time, the sky has never seemed so bright.