Chapter 6 : Persius and Skylar's day of fun part 2

"Oh I know

That the music is fine

Like sparkling wine

Go and have your fun."

Song: 'Save the last dance for me" The drifters

The next stop was a diner, called "Rock and Pop Diner", which was actually a place where Dylan and Jack work. It'll be so nice to meet these boys again.

"The reason I brought you here was first, to meet Dylan and Jack. Second, we might get a discount.", Persius said sheepishly as we found a place.

"Then why do you work separately instead of working here?", I questioned.

"So I could be discrete about stalking you.", Persius answered quickly.

I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"So tell me more about yourself?", Persius asked a moment later.

I get very uncomfortable with this question because the meaning behind this is 'I want to break down your iron walls'. What am I supposed to answer to that question. Huh, maybe, ' yeah, I had a perfectly normal childhood until the age of seven when I saw my parents killed and from that day onwards, I live with this fear inside me that someday, everyone I love with leave me alone to die.' That's a way to make friends.

"Take your time, I'm in no rush.", Persius said, getting comfortable in the chair.

"Well, um, this is gonna be hard to say.", I took a deep breath and looked down. "Have you ever loved a something so much that you hold on to it 24/7? It was so perfect and you couldn't think about letting it go."

I look up to see him nod along. So I looked back down and continued.

"And then one day you wake up and suddenly its gone. That you look for it everywhere but couldn't fin it so you got hopeless. So you continue to live in the dread and fear of losing another thing you love, that you get used to it. But when you go back to those days when you had everything, it feels like a distant memory that you might have dreamed happening,"

I looked up to see him just staring at me.

"I'm sorry it became deep and all. This was not how I wanted this day to go. Just forget about it.", I felt remorseful and I looked away.

"Wait no, I get it.", Persius voice felt serious.

I looked back at him and he said, "I get it. That was like my childhood too, but instead of getting lost, it got taken away and when I wanted it back, I got screamed at. It didn't made me live in constant fear but it made me angry and never followed the rules. It made me a rebel.

He had this longing in his voice, like he wanted something that never existed which made me listen.

"It may not have a positive impact on me or on you but it made our story much more interesting because now we have a history behind us and we will make sure that history will not be repeated.", he said seriously.

And at that moment, I feel a new stronger connection with him. Something much deeper than I can understand.

And that moment is ruined.

"Hey, Dylan. Look who's here?", Jack said really loudly from the counter. "It's our favourite couple."

"We are not a couple Jack.", Persius looks amuzed.

"Jack, they are right across you, you don't have to yell.", said Dylan coming out from the kitchen.

They walked towards our tables.