Chapter four : The Party

"Together we can just let go

Pretend like there's no one else here that we know

Slow dance fall in love as the club track plays

We don't care what them people say."

Song: "Life of the party" by "Shawn Mendes

The store is called "Ideal Dresses" and I guess it is true according to Madi. We wasted no time checking out the dresses though, it's Madi and she didn't let me see or try on the dress, but she made sure it was my size.

"I want to see your reaction when you zip up the dress.", she said at the checkout.

Now, don't get me wrong, I definitely payed for my dress but it took a lot of arguing with Madi, then again, I won. So, the whole ride she was grumpy and I hate to see her like this and kinda feel guilty for no reason.

"Hey Mads. Look, I'm sorry for making you feel guilty. So to put you in a cheery mood, I will let you dress me up.", I said unsurely.

"Really? I can finally dress you up?", Madi finally asked excitedly.

"Yeah, sure I guess.", I said slowly.

"Huh, if this is what it takes to dress you up, then I should do it often.", Madi chattered on.

'It actually worked. I actually didn't believe it will.', thought.

The whole ride was just Madi telling me how beautiful she would make me look and she has a look that will totally match my dress. But, I wouldn't know because I haven't seen the dress nor the look. I'm basically clueless right now.

The only thing that is bothering me is seeing Aunt Mar and Uncle Walter. I'm scared of their reactions and there is a 99.9% that they will get mad. But apparently, as soon as a I reached home, they were very excited to see my new highlights. They were happy to know that I have a life and act like a normal teenage girl instead of always hibernating in my room with ice cream and a good book or movie to which I found offensive.

We started to get ready early because "Beauty takes time" or so she puts it in. We took a bath, not together obviously. Then started with our face masks and had a little dance party. After it dries, she got ready first for her own reasons and I didn't want to argue. So we ended up watching a couple of episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S while Madi got ready to pass some time. And I know, what you might be thinking. No, I am not watching this tv show just because Pers was watching it. I love this show too.

Stop it, I just like Persius as a friend okay, now let it be. We have a busy more like anxious hours ahead of us. After watching the tv show and not thinking about Persius at all, Madi reminds me about the party. Let me just say that I hate crowds and people in particular so you now know what I must be feeling. I don't even know what I'm feeling. I'm excited to wear the dress and show up looking sexy and cute but I feel would ridiculous and you know the end, how my overthinking goes.

Anyway, Madi tells me it's time for a bath with all this relaxing scent and bath salts and bath bomb and my laptop that I could watch stuff. And no, we were not bathing together, and the reason for this with all the scent is so I smell good, thought that is kinda the job of a perfume but it wasn't the right time to argue and plus I love baths so why disagree. Got out smelling like vanilla and daises and Madi made me sit on this chair for her to do her artwork on me. And what did I do? I continued on watching Friends. That action may have gotten on Mad's nerves but she didn't show.

120 minutes later, I am ready for the dress. With my eyes closed, I slipped on the dress with the help of Madi of course. The material felt cool on my skin which made my hairs stand and I finally opened to see the dress that I payed for.