Prologue

'The most painful goodbyes are the ones that aren't said.'

"Gunfire, death is so quiet, ask why, tell 'em it's

Murder.

The sun rise then hide by grey skies, that cry sounds like

Murder"

Song: Murder by The Game

Its not the place that matters but the people who are with you. No matter where you are, if you enjoy their company with you, you've got everything you need in life. It's the people that makes the difference so choose wisely and take care of them for they might just disappear forever...

I woke up to a scream. My first thought was that my mom may be watching a horror movie with my dad. I mean, he does love seeing her scared and freaking out over the littlest things, but for some reason, I felt like something was wrong.

Its all dark, so I reached over to my lamp and turned it on. Throwing the blanket, I jumped out of bed and raced to the door. Turning the handle open very slowly, I crept out and the screams are getting louder though there were words that I can't quite hear. The closer I get to the stairs, the louder and painful the sounds become. I could see shadows moving, but not the words. Still at the top of the stairs, I crouched down and saw the scene through the raillings and what I saw was the most terrifying thing.

The whole place was a mess. The coffee table was knocked over with magzines everywhere. The couches were push back and the throw pillows were nowhere to be seen. The standing lap had fallen, glass pieces on the floor. My mom with her blonde hair has blood in it. Her body had several cuts and her lip was bleeding. Her cheek was swollen. She was crouching on the bloodied rug clutching my dad who had blood pouring out of his white shirt.

"I told him not to get in the way, and now looked what happened.", said a voice."I never wanted this to happen."

"He.. he did it.. it to.. protect.. protect me.", sobbed my mom, tried to shake my dad but he won't budge. "He..lo..loved.. m..me and now he's...he's...he's gone." And like that she broke and cried onto his chest. My dad would always place an arm on her shoulder and whisper soothing words if mom does that, but now he layed silent, not a movement from his vein nor his chest rising.

"Ahh, love, a silent killer. Creep up on you, and before you know it, you're lover will be gone. Poof." That voiced said with an amusing tone. "Love truly kills you, and here's the evidence." He laughed following with other laughters.

I wanted to see who those people were. So I took one step down on the stairs, still careful to be hidden. There were 3 masked men wearing all black outfits but their eyes were just visible. They all surround mom who was still clutching my dad. I wanted to run to her and tell her everything will be ok. I want to hug my dad and tell him that I love him. I want to hold their hands and soothe them, but I hold my place, holding the railing.

The one who talked grabbed mom from her clothes and pulled her up. She jerked with the force and was thrown backwards and was caught by the other two men. She struggled but they kept a firm grip on her but I could see she's losing the will to live when her love of her life was already dead.

"You know how this is supposed to end, you're smart enough to figure it out.", said the masked man 1 holding her chin so she could stop fighting and look at him. "There is no way out, so quit fighting, you're just gonna make it much more painful."

"No please!", begged my mom with tears falling.

"You know I have to do this, you guys came in my way. You guys had everything what I've always wanted and now, you're gonna lose it all.", masked man 1 chuckled darkly. He pulled out a gun and aimed it directly to mom's forehead.

Forgetting that I had to be hidden, I gasp and my mom's head sharply turned me. We made eye contact, her mud brown eyes no more held comfort. My mom looked alarmed that I found her in this situation. I mean, I wouldn't disagree to that, I would probably not sleep for days with this scene unfold in front of me.

"Did you hear that boss?", asked masked man 2

"Yeah, like a gasp or something.", replied masked man 1

"Should we check it out ?", asked masked man 3. We all grew quiet and the men started to walk towards the stairs, towards me. My heart was beating rapidly and I could not move. My mom indicated that I should go up several times with each time more intensity but I couldn't budge. They crept closer until I could hear them breathe. I was so scared thinking if they could hear my heart beat through their ears. Just as they were about to look around, a voice spoke startling everyone in the room.

"It was me who gasped. I'm sorry, I should have been more quiet.", replied a new voice who sounded young. Everyone turned to him and I took this chance to run away. "I'm sorry if I caused you any stress.", his head hanged low but somehow he lifted a little. His eyes held sorrow, he wanted to be sad for me but I can't let it affect me. I let my eyes linger for a bit before shutting the door.

I slid down the door, and I finally let myself cry. With my knees tucked to my chest, I cried and cried and cried. I sat there for long, rocking myself with shaky tears rolling down my face. I remember the gunshot ringing through my ears and the blood quenching sound. I remember the front door opening. I remember the name "Alexander" being called.I remember the engine getting fainter. I remember how quiet the night was. I remember those deep dark brown eyes. I remember the fear written on my mom's face. I remember my dad's lifeless body.

I didn't know for how long I stayed there, but finger-like rays crept in to my room. I remember being carried to the car. I remembered seeing red and blue lights. I remember finding sleep with thoughts of those eyes. I knew that somehow, this isn't the end. This is only the beginning and everything will lead up to this exact moment. My story is unfolding just like other story book but it doesn't contain princesses and castles and magic and love at first sight. This is reality, and this is my once upon a time.