Chapter 40

Hey all. I typed this up pretty fast as a gift for Halloween. Happy halloween everyone and if you can all just tell me what you're dressing up as, then that would be great. :3

Dedicating this to all of those readers dressing up for Halloween.

© All Rights Reserved 2012

Chapter 40

(Someone’s POV)

    It’s night time, the perfect time to go to my favorite place, which is Alan’s house. I hid in the shadows, combined with my black clothes that covered every inch of my skin except for my eyes, I blended in quite well. The moon was full and shining brightly, giving enough light for me to maneuver my way up drain pipe and slip into the open window, where Alan slept in his bed, his sheets tangled around his body.

    I stood over his sleeping form and watched as he tossed and turned, probably from a nightmare. He’s been having a lot of nightmares lately and it worries me. I don’t want my love to suffer. I took off my black leather glove and stroked his soft cheek with my bare hands, loving the smooth, silky skin beneath my fingers.

    It was love at first sight for me. As he walked with hunched shoulders and cautious steps on the first day of school, my heart beat faster just from the sight of him. His head was low as he quickly made his way down the hall, trying to not bring any attention to him, but he grabbed my attention and I couldn’t stop staring at him ever since.

    Alan whimpered, tears falling down his cheeks, leaving a warm wet trail that ended by the pillow soaking up those drops. I couldn’t help myself as I removed my ski mask and leaned down to capture those lips. His mouth was a little open, so I slid my tongue into the warn cavern and tasted him, my tongue brushing up against his. He tasted heavenly, but I must not get carried away or else he would wake up.

    I ended the kiss with a sigh and stood back up. Alan stirred and changed position again, only this time, his shirt rode up high, exposing his scarred chest, his pink nipples displayed for everyone to see. My hand moved on its own and brushed against the sensitive bud before I bent down and licked it, enjoying his clean scent and the way his nipple tightened. Alan twitched beneath me, accidentally letting my teeth graze him.

    No, no. Stop doing what you are doing. You are going too far. Put on your ski mask and glove and leave. You have a lot to do before the real feast begins. And by then, he will be all yours.

    With that thought in mind, I stepped away from the tempting morsel that’s displayed so invitingly and pulled on my mask and glove. I slipped out of the room and climbed down the drain pipe before sneaking down a few blocks, hiding in the shadows. When it’s a safe distance from Alan’s place, I took off the mask and combed back my hair, smiling in anticipation.

    Just you wait Alan. By the time you figure it all out, you’ll be mine.

(Alan’s POV)

    I trudged in the halls, exhausted from the nightmares I’m having. For some reason, they’re even more realistic than before, as if I can actually feel what Lucas and Shadowman are doing to me, but only sometimes. The thought of them actually being near me in reality gives me the creeps and I couldn’t stop the sense of danger that never left, even when Chase left me. I thought he was the cause, but I guess not.

    I slumped my shoulders down and sighed in despair. Drake’s leaving in a week, due to some school holiday extension thing that I‘ve never heard of and I still have no idea what I feel with Drake. Sure, he makes me feel good, and lit my spirits up ever since the ‘incident’, but I don’t know if my feelings are romantic or friends/family. My head’s one big jumble and my heart has a ‘back for repairs’ sign on it and I’m pretty sure it will be there for a long time.

    I went over to my locker, took out my books, dumped whatever I didn’t need in the metal box, and headed over to first period. My hair’s tied in a ponytail, my bangs swept to the side, covering one eye, so my face is still kind of exposed, but I can hide beneath my hair whenever I want to. How nice. I think I’m going to keep this hair style, well the swept bangs, but I’m definitely cutting my hair. It’s getting pretty annoying to comb out the tangles, not that there’s much anyways.

    I dressed in a thin, long sleeved Falling In Reverse black shirt with the sleeves too long. It hugged my body enough to show off the outline of my body, but not tight enough to be a second skin. I didn’t bother with jeans today and just went with black sweatpants and combat boots. A red bandana was tied around my neck to hide my scar and a black knit hat rested on my head.  It’s not as if I have anyone to impress.

    I hugged my textbook to my chest, my bag hanging off my shoulder as I went straight towards class, but an arm shot out and grabbed my arm, causing me to drop my book on the floor. My back slammed onto the wall, and I was kind of relieved that it wasn’t a locker because having a dial slammed on your spine hurts a lot.

    The guy pinning me on the wall, looming over me without actually touching me, was vaguely familiar. I’ve seen him in the halls, but I’ve never talked to him and he never acknowledged me when we passed each other.

    He’s pretty good looking, like the face you would expect to see in movies with gleaming black hair, smoky gray eyes that would captivate anyone, and the looks to lure any victim into his clutches, but to me, it made me think of some pretty boy who wanted to mess with me.

    “Hey Alan. I was wondering…. Want to go out sometime?” he asked in a low voice that I think is suppose to seductive, but it only repelled me.

    I shook my head and shrunk a bit as he came closer to me. He wasn’t touching me still, but it’s very, very close now. If I so much as twitch, I would be touching him and I really don’t want that.

    “Why not? A cutie like you should be happy to go out with me,” he said with so much arrogance in his voice, it rankled my skin.

    So I did the next best thing in a situation like this.

    I let out the waterworks. Tears formed in my eyes, building up first before falling down my cheeks. I made my lip tremble for added effect. I hope he was stupid enough to believe in my act.

    And he did.

    The guy jerked back and began to panic, seeing me cry. “Oh shit. I’m sorry. Hey, don’t cry.” He frantically reached into his pocket and handed me a tissue. “Are you okay?”

    I shook my head and forced another fake tear down my eye. “You sc-scared me.”

    The guy sighed and crouched down until he was on my eye level. “I’m sorry for scaring you.”

    I sniffed and nodded meekly, but on the inside, I was cheering. OMG, I can’t believe it actually worked. “It’s okay,” I whispered.

    The guy picked up my textbook from the floor. “As an apology, let me escort you to class.”

    I bit my lip, thinking, then gave him a small nod.

    The guy smiled and gestured for me to go first. I did, but still acted all shy and innocent until we finally came to my class. I thought he would just leave. Instead, he reached out and opened the door for me, then went over to my desk, which he figured out since I led him there and sat in my seat. He placed the book in front of me on my desk.

    “I want to apologize again for scaring you,” He told me quietly so only I can hear him. “By the way, my name’s Travis Slain.”

    Well I can’t be upset with him for being nice to me now. And he apologized, with sincerity, so he’s not the arrogant ass I thought he was, not that I trust him or anything. I smiled shyly at him. “Nice to meet you Travis.”

    Travis’s face suddenly turned bright red. His cheeks were to color of tomatoes. He stared at me with wide eyes and I waited for him to snap out of it and leave. My smile disappeared and my expression turned to concern. “Hey, are you okay?”

    That snapped Travis out of his trance. He shook his head, as if he’s trying to clear his head. “Yeah,” he mumbled. “I’ll see you later.” He turned and quickly walked out.

    I watched Travis leave in confusion. What’s his problem? I sighed and stopped worrying over nothing. It’s not as if I will actually see him again. I would probably, no make that definitely, avoid him. Now that I think about it, why did he approach me? I mean, I know he was hitting on me, but why now? After all this time of not even acknowledging my presence, he suddenly comes up to me and asks me out? No, something is definitely wrong.

    I can hear something scratching on the window and turned towards the sound, my eyes widening to see Smores standing by the ledge, his little hands tapping on the glass. I quickly got out of my seat and opened the window. Smores scurried inside and jumped into my arms, climbing up my shirt to rub his head underneath my chin.

    “Missed me didn’t you boy?” I chuckled and kissed his furry head. “Love you too.”

    Smores gave me a few squeaks of confirmation and settled down onto my hat, which I placed on the table. He spun around a bit, then curled into a little ball and took a nap. I stroked his fur and played with his tail a bit, getting into the relaxing routine of petting my squirrel. Sometimes, I would even daydream that Smores is a Pachirisu and tell him to use discharge, but he would only stare at me, then squeak something and do whatever squirrels do.

    I sighed. If only pokemon existed, then I would bring out my pokemon posse and sick them on the assholes who have hurt me. Then I can ride on my Charizard and fly away into the sky in my Ash Ketchum costume. Oh yeah, that would be awesome…..

    Someone coughed loudly next to me, scaring me out of my thoughts. Smores woke up, sensing something wrong. He squeaked and ran up my arm and positioned himself on my shoulder., ready to protect me. Awww… you are the best squirrel a, I guess I am now, gay boy could ever have.

    A striking guy stood right next to me. By striking I mean, by the way he’s dressed. He’s wearing a white wife beater that showed off his healthy body, and snug dark blue jeans, ripped on the knees. He wore steel toed boots that look like they could last kicking the shit out of thousands of people. A chain with military dog tags hung around his neck, as well as the tattoo of a black dragon with the head peaking around the side of his neck and disappearing underneath his shirt.

    His eyes were dark, almost black and menacing. His features are rugged and strong, with a square jaw, and hair that reminded me of an inferno. He has multiple piercings on his ears, a black lip ring on his bottom lip, which is attached to a piercing on his left ear from a connecting chain.

    How I never noticed this guy before, I have no idea, but he’s scaring the hell out of me. He even looks like he wants to kill me just by the way he’s staring so intently. I gulped and shrunk a bit, but I knew that if he decides that I was dead meat, then I have to bring out the fists and fight for my life. I will not let a repeat of New York happen.

    The guy saw me shrinking into myself and gave me a kind smile that completely threw me off guard. “Do you mind if I sit with you?” He asked. His voice was all rumbly and low, in a sexy way.

    Wait, did I just call him sexy? I seriously need to catch me some more sleep because I am thinking the wrong things. Bad Alan. Bad boy. Don’t think of naughty things when you know you don’t deserve anything good in your life. Look at all of the suffering given to you. Fate wants you to suffer so it is my job to live as a broken soul and try to endure all of the pain until my last dying breath.

    I shook my head and forced myself to calm down. No need to be scared when all that could be done to you has already been done. Letting it be done the second time will not be as bad. I should be used to it by now.

    The scary guy slid into Chase’s previous seat and dropped his book and bag on the table. He sighed as he slumped in his seat, combing his hair back with his fingers. I’m watching him from the corner of my eye, wary and deciding whether he’s a threat or not. Who would have know that my instincts of watching everyone’s moves, one I’ve honed during my years being hunted down in New York, would come in handy? And my years of parkour and free running has given me the knowledge to gauge out various routes all over the school and town in case I need to run and hide.

    Sometimes, it is very hard to be me. I’m actually quite surprised I haven’t attempted to kill myself before. Maybe it’s because I have people who could do that for me, and even though I do want to die sometimes, I still cling onto life desperately, hoping for something good to happen to me, but hasn’t come yet.

    I can’t say that. I do have something now. I have friends, actual friends and an aunt who loves me like my parents did when I was a child. Smores squeaked on my shoulder and brushed his tail on my cheek. I smiled and petted his back. And I have Smores. I can’t be selfish by taking my life when they are already providing me the anchors that keep me from completely going over the deep edge. In fact, I should give them a party to thank them for being with me.

    I perked up from the idea. That’s a great idea. I think I will do it and it has to be a surprise party. I’ll bring in Melissa, Cal, James, Zack and his friends, Drake, and Aunt Claire. Yeah. But I have to figure out what I should make, and if I have enough money to buy all of the groceries that I need to make everything that I come up with because I know I’ll be cooking up a storm of food fit to feed an entire palace, including the servants.

    “Excuse me?”

    I was thrown back to reality and snapped my head to see the scary guy was the one who spoke to me. I must have had a clueless expression on my face because he just shook his head and chuckled. “I was asking if you have an extra pen or pencil I can borrow.”

    I nodded stiffly and searched in my bag for a pen, then handed it to him. He took it and gave me a wink, shocking me again from behaving the opposite of what my impression of him was. I guess looks can be deceiving, of course I already knew that from the very beginning, but you can’t not judge people from the very first glance. It’s instinct and habit that’s hard to get rid of.

    He winked at me. “Thanks.”

    Although I am wary, I still blush. I mean, who wouldn’t blush from getting a wink at a guy whose sexy in a dangerous, aggressive way? Not me? But that would mean I’m lying and that the red cheeks are because I have a high fever. Yeah, no one would believe that.

    And on the topic of sexy guys, I still have no idea what I feel for Drake. Oh gosh. I only have a week before he’s gone. How am I suppose to figure everything out? There’s so much PRESSURE!

    I feel something tap lightly on my arm. I squeaked in surprise and fell out of my chair, wondering why I didn’t feel any disgust from someone touching me. I looked up wwith wide eyes and burning cheeks to see the scary guy laughing at me, my pen poised in his hand in a way that told me he used that to poke me, not his finger. Oh thank goodness.

    The scary guy stopped laughing, but a smile still dawned his lips. “I was going to ask you if you can help me with a problem, and I’m sorry I scared you.”

    I can hear other people laughing, further increasing my level of embarrassment. I scrambled back into my seat and brushed off the dust that clung onto my clothes, my head ducked down to hide my face.

    After a few minutes of not saying or moving from my spot, he sighed and resumed working on his assignment. I didn’t have to do it, I already did it beforehand so I don’t have to worry about it at all. Instead, I saw him with his eyebrows scrunched up in confusion as he stared at a problem he couldn’t figure out.

    I already knew what I was going to do, so might as well. I sighed and scooted my chair closer to him. “What do you need help on?”

    The scary guy grinned at me and pointed out the problem. I explained to him the process, the whys of the process and the places he can go back to if he doesn’t understand my explanations. After that, I helped him with whatever problem he had troubles with and gave him the very watered down, simplistic explanation that anyone with a brain could understand, not that I’m saying he’s stupid, but, oh never mind. I’m already digging myself deeper.

    The scary guy brought his finished assignment up in awe. “This is the first time I actually finished my work so fast and it was easy too.” He gave me a boyish grin that softened his features, to something… not scary at all. “Thanks. The name’s Tyler.”

    “Alan.” I replied, a small smile on my lips.

    Tyler suddenly came closer to me and examined my face. Flushed from the sudden movement, I froze where I am. “You’re really pretty for a boy, you know that? It’s a shock to see that underneath all that hair and thick glasses.” He said. “I like the you now, but why did you hide your face?”

    I didn’t answer him, averting my eyes away from his as I scooted slowly away from him. The bell rang, scaring the poke balls out of me. I threw my stuff in my bag and ran for the door.

    By the time third period started, I was fed up with all of the constant stares and weird treatment I’ve been getting from both boys and girls who I’ve never even talked to, or haven’t even cared about me until now and it’s freaking me out. I didn’t even bother going to class. Instead, I snuck out of school and headed towards a small park.

    The park consisted of a swing set, a single slide, and a small jungle gym where toddlers climbed onto and imagined themselves in different adventures or characters. Smores decides to wander off into the tree area to chat up with other squirrels. I went over to a lone bench away from the sight range of anyone from the park, shaded by a giant tree. The cool breeze ruffled my hair.

    I closed my eyes and relaxed, enjoying the high pitched laughter of children, the rustling of leaves blown by the wind, and just the sounds of the outdoors in general. It’s nice, and soothing.

    What I didn’t expect was the hand that shot out, a towel smothering my nose and mouth. I struggled as the attacker loped an arm around my neck, while holding the cloth securely on my face. I knew what was on it, but I had to breathe. I inhaled the sharp fumes coming from the cloth.

    “Alan, my lovely Alan. Just relax and everything will be okay.” Told the stranger, his voice familiar, but I couldn’t quite pinpoint it out.

    My vision began to blur, my body giving out on me. The last thing I saw was the bright blue sky and the person who haunts me in my dreams. His face hovered over mine, shadowed. The only thing I could see was his perfect white teeth before I blanked out into darkness.

    Shadow man’s real.

Eni skips down the dark road with a pumpkin bucket: La la la la. Halloween's the shiiiiit~

Creeper comes up from behind: Hey little girl, wanna see something good?

Eni turns around and nods: Sure.

Creeper flashes naked body: Like my sword?

Eni examines: Nope.

Eni takes out bloody machete: My sword's bigger than yours :D

Creeper runs away screaming.

Eni watches him and shrugs: What? It's true.

Vote, Comment, Read, and Happy Halloween People!!! Mwa ha ha ha ha!!!