Chapter 17

© All Rights Reserved

I will dedicate this chapter to when_the_sun_dies for writing great boyxboy soties. Thank you for being one of the few people who has inspired me to write here in wattpad.

Chapter 17

(Alan’s POV)

    “…..an”

    I snuggled more into my bed, burying my face into my pikachu plushie.

    “…. Alan.”

    I mumbled sleepily, turning away to continue my dream of me frolicking in a flowery field with pokemon of different kinds chasing me in a group. Haha, you can’t catch me…

    “ALAN!!!!”

    I screamed in terror, my blankets flying all over the place as I flailed around, trying to escape the threat. I backed myself up until my back hit the wall. Smores woke up too, jumping onto the top of my head, hissing.

    Still half-asleep, I rubbed my eyes to clear my vision, trembling from what will await me. Instead of the psycho murderer I thought it was, what came up was Aunt Claire, laughing her butt off. She clutched her stomach, tears falling down her cheeks from laughing so hard.

    “Haha.. You should’ve.. Seen your.. FACE! Hahaha.” She wiped her eyes, taking in deep breaths to calm herself down.

    I pouted, my frightened heart, calming down. “That’s not cool Aunt Claire. You scared me.”

    She finally calmed down. “I know and I apologize, but you wouldn’t wake up.” She brushed my hair out of my face. “Now, let’s get you cleaned up and dressed up for your date.”

    I blushed, remembering what happened yesterday. I can’t believe I said yes to Chase or holding hands with him without freaking out. It all seems so surreal, like a dream, a really good dream. Way more better than the pokemon dream I just had, well… okay, it was a tie. Who wouldn’t want to be chased by your pokemon pals?

    Now that I think about it, I didn’t have a nightmare this time, a first. Usually it’s the usual flashbacks of the past starring me and Lucas, or the car crash with my parents, or the near death experiences, or the pain inflicted upon me, or even the stranger that almost raped me in the back alley, but all I got is a weird dream of me having a blast with my pokemon pals, fighting battles with other trainers and eating some yummy berries.

    Aunt Claire yanked me out of my bed, Smores jumping off me to go do his own thing. She pushed me into the bathroom, slamming the door shut. “Take a shower while I pick out clothes for you to wear.”

    I sighed, stripping myself, then hopping into the shower. I wonder what Chase has planned for us? How does a date go? I’ve never been on a date before so this is all so new and unknown to me. I hopped out of the shower and dried myself, brushing my teeth. I put on deodorant and stepped outside, the towel wrapped around my waist.

    Aunt Claire waited for me, tapping her foot impatiently. “Finally!” She threw her hands in the air, exasperated. She threw clothes at me. “Wear these.” When I only stood there, she huffed impatiently. “Well don’t just stand there. Chop. Chop.” She walked out the door, leaving me alone.

    Sighing, I did what I was told. I slipped on a black tank and a white button up, plain boxers, a pair of black new skinny jeans I never knew I had, and black lace up boots. I chained my keys to my pants, the chain dangling on my jeans. I tied a white bandana with a black intricate design around my neck to hide my scar. I slipped on my fake nerdy glasses.

    Aunt Claire came in a few minutes later and examined me, starting from top to bottom. She made a hand gesturing, telling me to turn. I did. “Hmmm.. Okay, turn back.” I did, fidgeting from her intense stare. She went to my desk and took out two black bracelets with silver studs, and a giant silver cross on a black cord. Then she rolled up my sleeves halfway up my lower arms and buttoned up my shirt halfway, putting on the accessories.

    She took a step back and examined me some more. “Something’s not right..” She paused, her hand on her chin, thinking. She snapped her fingers. “I got it.” With quick fingers, she slipped off my glasses. Then she did something with my hair so it didn’t cover all of face, a few strands still on my face.

    She took a step back and grinned, satisfied. “Perfect. My little Ally Bear is going on a date for the first time. Oh, you should introduce me to him.” She gave me a big hug. I hugged her back. Breathing in the soft scent of strawberries.

    “I will. Soon. Just not today.” I gave her a small smile. “Are you sure I don’t look bad?”

    She giggled, watching me panicking, amused. “You look fine.” She pinched my cheeks. “So adorable. I could hug you all day, but you would be late for your date. “Okay, check list. Wallet.”

    “Check.”

    “Keys?”

    “Check.”

    “Phone?”

    “Check.”

    “Underwear?”

    I pulled my jeans out and looked down. “Uhh…check.” I blushed.

    The door bell rang. Aunt Claire squealed in delight. She grabbed onto my arm, hauling me down the stairs to the door. She opened it, pushed me out and slammed the door shut, knocking me into someone. “HAVE FUN!!” She yelled from the other side of the door.

    I rubbed my squished nose, trying to soothe the tingles of pain when I just realized I was eye level to a muscular chest wrapped in a gray t-shirt and leather jacket. I glanced up and blushed.

    Chase stared at me, grinning. His eyes roamed over my whole body, sending weird tingles wherever his eyes touched. He lingered on my face, his eyes softening.

    Realizing I was still on his chest, I scrambled off of him, my head down, embarrassed. “S-sorry.” I mumbled, my face now blazing hot.

    Chase chuckled. “No problem.”

    I felt something brush my hair. I looked up to see Chase’s hand brushing my hair. His eyes locked with mine, a soft smile on his lips. “You look amazing.” His hand went to slowly and gently cup my cheek.

    “Y-you too.” I replied softly.

    He smirked, his hand disappearing from my cheek to take my hand towards his car. He opened the passenger seat, waiting for me to sit before he closed the door to go the driver’s side and zoomed off.

    I sat in the car in silence for a few minutes when my curiosity got the better of me. I began to fidget, becoming impatient as I stared out the window, trying to figure out where we are going. Nothing helped.

    “Where are we going?” I blurted out, giving in to my curiosity. I blushed, realizing what I did.

    Chase chuckled. “I already told you, it’s a surprise.”

    I pouted a bit. “I hate surprises.” I grumbled to myself softly. Each surprise I had, it was always crap, with pain in involved whether it’s physical, mental, or emotional pain.

    There was silence for a few minutes, the sounds of the engine the only thing keeping it from complete silence. I watched buildings pass by, along with people and trees turning to blurs from the speed we were going.

    Chase broke the silence. “I’m surprised your hair isn’t covering your face and that you’re not wearing your glasses.”

    “Aunt Claire helped me dress.” I said without thinking. I clamped my mouth shut, already saying too much.

    He glanced at me. “Aunt? Isn’t that your mom?”

    I shook my head, refusing to say anything else. An awkward silence suffocated the car, making it stuffy. I opened the window, enjoying the wind in my face. It almost made me feel less tense, but what would really unwind me is actually running in the forest before a good round of Pokemon battles with Aunt Claire. Who should I train to kick her butt with…

    I never noticed we stopped until Chase slammed his door shut, coming over to my side to open it for me. I scrambled out of my seatbelt, almost tripping out of the car. Chase caught me before I face planted onto the floor, his arm against my chest.

    He righted me, his eyebrows scrunching in worry. “You okay there?”

    I nodded, taking a much needed deep breath before giving him a small, reassuring smile.

    Chase blinked down at me, frozen. Now I’m worried. What’s wrong with him? He shook his head, giving me his hand. I hesitated, my hand raised to take his offer. With as much confidence I could muster, I took his hand and let him take me to his surprise.

    We stood by the outer edge of the town. This part of town was mostly trees and grass with no one in sight. The wind softly caressed my skin, lifting up my shirt to dance along. One of my scars suddenly throbbed, causing me to yelp in surprise.

    “You okay?” Chase asked, concerned. He squeezed my hand, trying to comfort me.

    “Yeah. I’m fine.” My voice sounded shaky. Stupid scar, scaring the life out of me. And I know which scar. It’s a scar that I got on my upper right arm. This guy punched me there. He was wearing a ring so you get the idea.

    Chase assessed me with his eyes thoughtfully. He blinked, then took me somewhere into the trees, a part of the forest I have not gone to. He kept going, helping me whenever he could, even though I didn’t need it, but it’s still nice. He knows I’m fast, but not nimble and agile enough to sprint around in a forest for hours, doing a whole bunch of dangerous stunts no sane person would do.

    We stepped into a small clearing. My eyes widened in awe. A small pond with lily pads floated around. I can see cat tails hanging on the side, some trees drooping. The water sparkled in the sunlight, glistening in it’s beauty and magnificence. A table was set up, covered in a cloth. Two plates with those giant lids covering the plates, the ones you see at those fancy restaurants in movies, a bottle of sparking water with two wine glasses, and two chairs caught my eye.

    Chase seemed happy with my reaction, dragging me towards the table. He sat me in first before sitting in his. “I hope you like steak.” He picked up both the lids and revealed a nicely done steak with a glaze of sauce laid professionally on the plate, steamed broccoli to the side.

    Chase popped open the sparkling water and poured it into both wine glasses. “I thought eating here, alone with just the two of us would be a lot more comfortable than eating in a restaurant where people can see us.” His eyes widened. “Not that I’m ashamed of being seen with you or anything. I meant you don’t like people, in general, and I was only thinking of your well being.”

    “I understand.” I reached out and gently placed my fingers over his hand. “Thank you.” And I really was thankful for how thoughtful he was, thinking about my feelings. It sent flutters of happiness to my body.

    He took my hand in his, circling his thumb on my palm. My cheeks flushed red as my heart sped. “No problem. Now.. Let’s play twenty questions.”

    I gulped, already nervous and dreading what he would ask me. I nodded. “Okay.” I squeaked.

    Chase chuckled at my squeak. “What’ your favorite color?” He asked, cutting into his steak.

    “Black.” I dug into my steak too, cutting it into bite sized pieces for me to chew.

    “Why?”

    I shrugged. “It’s all of the colors mixed into one. Black absorbs other colors and never changes. It’s like a rainbow blended into one package.”

    Chase took a sip of his water. “Never thought of it like that. I like red.”

    “Why?” I stuck a piece of broccoli in my mouth.

    “It reminds me of fire, of passion, of the blood and tears you will have to strive in order to achieve your goals. Favorite pass time?”

    “Listening to music while playing pokemon.”

    “Pokemon?”

    I stared at him in disbelief. “You’ve never heard of Pokemon?”

    Chase shook his head. “I think I have, but I don’t know what it is.”

    I frowned. “It’s the best game in the whole world and has continued being awesome for years.”

    Chase rolled his eyes. “If it’s so great, then why haven’t I heard of it?”

    “Hmph. Maybe it’s because you’ve been living under a rock.” Never heard of Pokemon? Puhlease.

    He sighed. “Let’s change the subject.” He paused. “Why do you live with your aunt instead of your parents?”

    All of the blood drained from my body. I carefully placed the fork and knife I held onto the table or else I would’ve dropped them from my now trembling hands. Should I tell him? He can be trustworthy, but what if he’s not? What if he figures out who I really am from what I tell him? My palms turned cold and sweaty. I put them on my lap under the table and tried to wipe them dry.

    I opened my mouth, then shut it. I can’t tell him, I just can’t. Would he still talk to me like this if he found out who I really am? What if he remembers me from elementary school? There is only one elementary school in this town, but I can’t remember anyone who went, who was in my class, and who was in the other classes. Everything’s a blur in my head, a fuzzy haze that’s blocking my memories. What if I knew him from back then? What if we were once friends? Have I ever talked to him? Did we ever meet? I just can’t remember.

    Should I take the leap and just say it? There could be a chance that he really doesn’t know me and besides, my last name’s different. I’m different. He’d never be able to piece all of it together.

    “Sorry. If you really don’t want to answer that question, then you don’t have to., I was just curious.” Chase apologized, a frown now on his lips.

    I shook my head. Man up Alan. You can do this. I took a deep breath and let it all out slowly. “My parents died in an accident five years ago.” My voice cracked at the end.

    “What happened?” His face contorted to one of sadness, guilt, and something else I couldn’t grasp.

    Losing my appetite, I took a sip of the sparking water, letting the fizzy cool stream moisten my dry throat. “There was a car crash. I was there. We hit a truck head on. Only I survived.” My voice kept getting softer until the last part was more of a whisper.

    A napkin appeared in front of me. Surprised, I let Chase gently wipe the tears I didn’t notice, fall down my cheeks. “Don’t cry. I hate it when you cry and I’m sorry for bringing up this subject.” His voice was full of remorse.

    I sniffed, then shook my head. “No. You didn’t force me to say it, I decided to on my own free will.”

    Chase dropped down the napkin, his bare hand now caressing my cheek. His eyes, the color of cold steel, was surprisingly warm. “You really are beautiful. I was mesmerized the first time I saw your face when we crashed into each other in the hallway.” His thumb grazed my bottom lip. A current of electricity seared through my body, heating me up. His eyes turned from warm and gentle, to molten hot and intense. Does that mean he’s also feeling the electric charge?

    His thumb, still on my bottom lip, slowly moving the digit back and forth. Each stroke sent flashes of warmth to flow through my body. The air surrounding the both of us seemed warmer than it was before. I stayed still, mesmerized by Chase and this silent, but heated moment.

    I was sad when he removed his hand, missing the warmth. The lingering shocks still coursed through my veins, tingling every single cell on my body. I felt charged, alert, but only for Chase. It’s so strange and surprisingly pleasant, the touch and the reaction of the touch. I felt proud that I didn’t flinch away. In fact, I wanted more of his touch, the first time I ever felt with another person and it felt so… wonderful.

    Chase, who was still hungry, ate the rest of my steak, which I gladly gave to him. We talked about a bunch of random things, none of it touching any of my danger zones. We never discussed about my parents, but we did talk about Aunt Claire. I told him about how she adopted me, her obsession with Pokemon, and her work.

    “She was the one who dressed me today.” I placed my head on the palms of my hands, my elbows on the table. I was relaxed, for the first time with another person other than Aunt Claire. My widened, suddenly realizing what I said. I blushed. How embarrassing. Now he thinks I can’t dress myself.

    Chase chuckled, already finished with both of our steaks and the sparkling water. “I should thank her. You look amazing today, more so than I thought when I was coming to pick you up.” He scanned me from head to toe, grinning as if he likes what he sees. “She did an excellent job. If I haven’t seen your face before, I would’ve never known it was you and thought it was one of my fantasies come to life.”

    I had nothing to say to that. My mouth flopped like a fish, trying to say something, but nothing came out. He really thinks of me that way? Really? Elation flowed through my veins. So he really thinks I’m not ugly?

    Chase got out of his seat. “Come on. Let’s go to our next destination.”

    I got up too. “What about all of this? Shouldn’t we clean up?”

    Chase shook his head. “I have people coming alter to clean this up. No worries.” He held his hand out to me. I still hesitated a bit before taking it, the both of us walking back towards the car.

    I glanced at our hands, his big hands swallowing up mine. Whenever I see hands like his, I always cower in fear, but right now, I’m holding onto his and I feel safe, not scared. I smiled at the thought. Who would have known I would actually be with someone who is the exact thing I fear? Holding onto the hands that remind me of all the pain and suffering I endured? It’s amazing, exhilarating, and terrifying.

    Chase helped me into the car again and we drove off to another mysterious place. I wonder where we’re going next?

    During the drive, Chase turned on the radio to some stupid rap song that had to do with sex and clubs. I scrunched my face in disgust, already wanting to change the song, but I don’t want to be rude if he wants to listen to this crud.

    Chase glanced at me and saw my disgusted face. “So you hate this music huh? Well, you can change the radio to any channel you like. I don’t mind. Sometimes I think some of the songs these days are crap too.”

    I hesitantly reached my hand towards the radio, unsure if he really wants me to change it. I turned the knob until it came to a station with one of my favorite songs, Hurricane by 30 Seconds To Mars. Heh.

    Chase raised an eyebrow. “30 Seconds to Mars? Haven’t listened to their songs in some time.” He winked at me and began to hum to the song.

    I sang softly along, low enough so Chase couldn’t hear, or I thought it was low enough to him not to hear.

    “You sing pretty good.” He said, his eyes focused on the road so he didn’t see the flush of red that colored my cheeks from his compliment. I’ve been doing that a lot today, blushing like a school girl in those Japanese cartoons.

    I never noticed how much time flew by until I realized we aren’t even in town anymore, but in another one. Tall buildings loomed over us, cars of different shapes and sizes bustled along the road. People in suits or something casual, walked quickly along the streets. I cringed away from the window. This place made me think about New York.

    We parked in front of a theater. Posters of the movies now showing covered the walls. “What do you want to watch?” Chase asked when we got out of the car.

    I shrugged, moving closer and closer to Chase as people passed by us. A person accidentally brushed my shoulder. I cringed, pressing myself to Chase, my body trembling from the ick where that person touched me. The happy feeling I had before, disappeared completely. Now all I felt was fear and dirty.

    Chase wrapped an arm around my shoulder, pulling me towards him. His touch cleansed me, the ick dissipating. My body stopped trembling, the sweet relief of feeling clean once more lightening up my mood. Chase squeezed my shoulder as he bought the tickets, not letting me go, which was fine by me, more than fine.

    People who passed by us stared at us. Girls stared at Chase with lust and me in envy, disgust, and some were smiling at me. Guys who passed by us, some stared in disgust, but there were some who had their eyes on me stared at me with this hungry look that scared me. I buried myself in Chase’s shirt, trying my best to block out the nightmares threatening to claw their way out of the locked door I stuffed them in my mind.

    Chase gave me a reassuring squeeze on my shoulder before letting go. “I’m going to buy some drinks. Just wait here okay?” He left me to go to the snack bar.

    Wait what? He’s leaving me alone here? I searched for a hiding place where I can wait for him, my nerves on overload. I hunched my shoulders, my head ducked down, trying to make myself invisible as I sat by a table on the far corner of the room. I closed my eyes, breathing in and out slowly, trying to calm down myself down. It’s alright. He’s only going to get some drinks. No need to panic. It’ll only be for a few minutes.

    “Hey. What’s your name?” Someone asked me in a low voice.

    I jumped in my seat, my eyes ripping open to see a big guy, with bulging muscles that can crush me with only his fingers, wearing a biker’s leather vest, white muscle shirt, black jeans, and black motorcycle boots looming over me. The stranger’s hair was a fiery red, cut short. His ears had multiple piercing, some studs, some bars, and one with a chain that connected with his lip piercing. He had a black dragon tattooed on his temple, down his cheek and ended somewhere under his chin. His eyes, some type of goldish brown, followed my every move, like a predator.

    I scooted away from him, a scream backing up my throat, ready to be used when needed. My heart sped from the fear of being trapped and from just him. My fight or flight instincts flared up inside me, giving me strength to do either both.

    The stranger licked his lips. “The name’s Mike. You’re really cute for a boy.” He practically raped me with his eyes. “Really cute. Why don’t you come with me? I can show you a good time.” He bent down, coming closer to me.

    “He doesn’t want to go with you.” Chase said from behind, his face emotionless, except for the rage swirling in his eyes. He held both of our drinks in his hands, but it looks like he’s ready to smash them into Mike’s head.

    Mike raised an eyebrow. “And who are you?” He backed away from me, giving me the much needed space to breath again.

    Chase raised an eyebrow and smirked, all of it brimming with danger and violence. He put the drinks down to crack his knuckles and his neck. “I’m his friend. Why don’t you just fuck off before things get ugly?” He may have said it in a pleasant voice, but it was all menacing.

    Mike scanned the room, seeing the staff ready to call security and people watching us three. The only thing you can hear is the whispers and the popcorn machine. He sighed and smiled down at me. “It’s been a pleasure meeting you.” He winked at me and left, his composure relaxed as if nothing’s happened.

    Chase waited until he was out of sight before he kneeled down, his hand taking my sweaty ones. His eyes were full of concern. “Are you okay? He didn’t do anything to you did he?”

    I shook my head. “N-no. He didn’t do anything to me.” I whispered, my voice weak from the fear that’s still riding through my system.

    We watched the movie The Avengers, sitting next to each other. I was still a bit terrified with what happened. Chase must’ve noticed because he wrapped an arm around my shoulder, pulling me towards him until my head was lying on his chest. His strength and warmth was the thing I needed to get rid of the terror clogging up my mind. I sighed in content, now focusing on the movie.

    “That was a good movie.” Chase said as we walked out of the theater. I checked the time on my phone. Four thirty three. Wow, time passes by fast. Chase held my hand, dragging me to an ice cream shop where he ordered a cookies and cream ice cream cone. I got vanilla. Very bland and original I know, but nothing beats the classics.
We sat on a bench by a small park, eating our ice cream slowly, just enjoying each other’s company.

    “We should head back.” Chase said when we finished. He still held my hand, didn’t let go, even when we were in the car, driving back home. During the drive, he asked me more questions, which I answered. He answered too.

    The sun was already setting when we got back, his car stopping right in front of my house. I didn’t move to get out, and neither did he. We just sat there, staring at each other, our hands still entwined with each other.

    Chase was the one who broke the silence. “I had a great time.”

    “Me too.” My eyes never left his.

    Chase leaned over, getting closer to me. Oh my gosh, is he going to kiss me? This is all so fast. Is that how it’s suppose to be for dates? I remember watching some television shows and movies where people kissed on the first date, but I never thought it would happen to me.

    Our lips are now only inches apart. I brought out as much courage as I could muster, waiting for it. The molester stole my first kiss, ruining it for me, and so did Lucas, but I won’t count them as kisses, more of like mouth rape.

    My breathing turned to short puffs, palms sweaty, heart pounding in my chest, throat dry. I licked my lips, wetting my lips. His eyes followed the movement, his gaze blazing hot, sending a zing of fire through my body, burning me. When our lips were just a centimeter apart, he stopped and smirked. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” he said, kissing me on the forehead instead.

    I blinked, confused. My face went flushed red, my cheeks hot from the amount of blood building upon those two points. Chase saw the confusion and hurt etched onto my face because he said, “I want to take it slow, not rush into things. It’s not as if I don’t like you because I do, a lot, but it’s been some time since I actually dated and the times I did, it was fast and short. I want this to be special, to last longer and not be all physical. I want to get to know you, not just your body.”

    He took my phone from my pocket, calling himself. He pressed a few buttons before handing it back to me. “I put my number in your contacts. I’ll text you sometime.” He glanced out my window and smiled. “You should go. Your aunt’s right by the window staring at us.”

    I obeyed, sliding out of the car, slamming the door closed. Chase waved at me before he left, his car quickly shrinking until I couldn’t see it anymore.

    Chase was right. Aunt Claire was waiting for my by the door, shooting out questions like a machine gun. I answered her as much as I could, excluding the part about Mike. She kept smiling and squealing every now and then about the date, giving me a hug. She even cooked dinner as congrats on my first ever date to my embarrassment. She left me alone after that, turning her attention to the movie she was waiting to watch.

    I went up to my room, stripped, took a shower and brushed my teeth. I put on my nice, worn Pjs, crawled into the heavenly embrace of my bed, and fell right to sleep, smiling on what a great day I had, the only one I had in years.

I'm still freaking out about my future, what i want to do, what i want to major in and all the other crap.

If anyone whose reading this and is in college, can you please message me what major you are taking and why? I just graduated from high school, but i have no idea what i want to do with my life. I;m just confused on what i want with life and i want to hear it from others why they chose what they chose.

Thank you and i hope you enjoyed this chapter.