Chapter 1

Okay, so this is my first story and i want to see how it goes first. Thank you everyone who has read this story. Wish me luck.

This story will start out slow and i will try to speed it up, so look out for mistakes.

I would like to dedicate this chapter to biscuitmonster, for helping me give the seed to this story. I read one of your stories and it inspired me. Thank you.

Enigma Out ----------------> Whoosh.

© All Rights Reserved

Chapter 1

 (Alan's POV)

The blaring sounds of my alarm clock stole me from my slumber. I groaned and smacked my nightstand, knocking a few things down from missing my target until I finally got the alarm to stop. A welcoming silence, then the door slammed opened with Aunt Claire smiling at me.

“Alan Thorpe, wake up! It’s time for school!” She came up to my bed and shook me when I didn’t respond. “Get up mister. Or I’ll start yodeling.”

Oh god no, not that, anything but that. I shot up into a sitting position, my blankets flying all over the place. If you wonder when she learned to yodel, I have no clue, but it’s the worst thing to listen to, except Jenna Rose’s My Jeans tops my list. I shuddered at the thought. Whoever made that song needs to be crucified and burned to ashes, as for Jenna Rose, I‘ll personally kill her and bury her body right next to Rebecca Black.

“I’m up, wide awake.” I rubbed my eyes and gave out a huge yawn.

Aunt Claire pat my head. “Good boy. Now go get ready while I fix up breakfast.”

I gave her a nod and reluctantly got out of bed, already missing the soft comfortable mattress. “I will see you soon my friend.”

Aunt Claire chuckled and left me alone.

If you’re wondering why I’m living with my aunt instead of my parents, well they are both dead. I was ten when they were killed by a drunk truck driver. My mom, dad, and I were coming back from watching a movie when, in a blink of an eye, a truck driving on the wrong lane crashed into our car. I survived, barely, but my parents were a lost cause.

During the funeral, I met my mom’s side of the family, which was a surprise considering she was disowned. Of course, I didn’t trust any of them. I mean, why now do they care about their daughter, whom they disowned, when they never even contacted her while she was alive? And I most definitely couldn’t trust my dad’s side of the family. They were all a bunch of assholes who always treated my family like trash and asked for money, since my parents were rich.

Even my mom and dad’s friends weren’t to be trusted. Sure they were nice and all, but I can see the greed in their eyes. Actually, I can the greed in everyone’s eyes. The only reason they’re all so nice to me is because they want the money I’ll inherit when I’m eighteen. They would give me condolences and try to convince me to go into their family, but I would never agree.

There were arguments on who will take me in, putting in some crap about caring for me. I just sat by my parent’s coffin and hugged the portraits of my mom and dad, trying to shut away the screaming and the hungry cold eyes, wanting my mom and dad.

There was a sudden bang, startling everyone. Everyone turned to see aunt Claire who looked sort of like my mom, except her hair’s auburn instead of blond. She just marched through the crowd and went up to me.

When I didn’t look up, she grabbed my face and forced me to stare into her eyes, searching for something, but I have no idea what. She gave me a nod. “Hi, I’m your aunt Claire, your mom’s sister. I know you won’t believe me, but Sarah and I were really close before she was disowned. We kept in touch and she told me all about you and how happy she was with the life she had.” She brushed my hair. I was surprised that I let her touch me at all. “I owe Sarah a lot, especially for the life I have now. Will you trust me to take care of you?”