Chapter 7

© All Rights Reserved

Dedicate this to ILuveChocolate for being a great writer. I love your stories >w<

Chapter 7

(Alan's POV)

I just kept running, not caring where I went as long as I got away from that bathroom. My heart so much, but I don't know why. It feels like a knife stabbing repeatedly onto my heart.

I stopped at a secluded place underneath the stairs to catch my breath. Usually I can run for a long time without getting winded, but now it feels like something constricting my lungs, making it so difficult to me to breathe.

I never realized that I was crying until I saw the tears fall down my cheeks, landing on my shirt, creating small wet spots. I took off my glasses and used my sleeves to wipe my eyes, sniffing. Why am I crying? It's not as if someone has died, but it feels like someone did.

It took a few minutes, yet it felt a lot longer, for me to calm down and stop crying. I made my way back to the front yard, taking a different route so I don't have to pass by the boy's bathroom.

By the time I arrived outside, some of the students were fooling around, chasing each other or chatting about more useless things and gossip. I guess they finished their assignment if Mr. Rivers let them play around in front of his face.

"Oh, Alan. You're back. It took you quite a while so I'm guessing that you were lost finding the bathroom." Mr. River smiled at me.

I nodded. Yeah, let's go with that. It's not as if I want to tell him the real reason why I took so long. 'Oh hey Mr. Rivers, it took me a long time to use the bathroom because I found Chase and this slut banging each other in the bathroom. I didn't want to disturb them so I tried to leave, but they came out of the stall and there was a very awkward, which ended with me running all around the school in misery for who knows why.'

Yeah, like I'll tell him that.

I plopped myself right next to him, but at arm's length, hugging my knees tightly against my chest as I stared at a tree swaying gracefully in the breeze. If only I were a tree, then the only thing I would worry about is whether or not a person would cut me down and turn me into paper. Tired, i took off my glasses and just laid my head on my knees, closing my eyes.

What a horrible first day of school, and it's not even over yet. It's sad that I have to end the day with the worst subject, PE, which I am most definitely not looking forward to. Guess this means I'm going to have to buy some long sleeve sweater and sweat pants for PE if I don't want anyone to see my scars.

There are so many times where I wished I could just commit suicide and I did try, but what stopped me from actually killing myself was Aunt Claire. She's the one and only anchor that keeps me here, no matter how much I want to leave this world and I don't want to hurt her with my death. Killing myself when Aunt Claire has given me so much is cowardly and it would be like spitting on her. Heck, I may be weak and cowardly, but I am loyal and if staying alive shows how loyal and how I appreciate her kindness, then I will stay alive, even if it kills me inside for her.

The bell rang, ending class. I got up and put back on my glasses, swiping at my butt to get any excess grass and dirt off. I slung my bag over my shoulder and reluctantly made my way to the locker room when I heard someone call my name. I turned to see it was Mr. Rivers who called my name.

"Alan, can you help me carry some of the materials? My hands are kind of full." Mr. Rivers lifted his hands, showing me the proof.

I nodded, anything to delay me getting to PE. Mr. Rivers smiled gratefully, handing me the stack of assignments while he grabbed the materials. We made our way back to the class in silence, well Mr. Rivers was whistling some song I never heard of, but it seemed nice.