At first sight

Chapter 1...

MARIA'S POV

It was just an ordinary boring day at school, I was sitting in English listening to ms stars the old bat lecture our class about the importance of poetry, all of a sudden the door opened now before you think that i'll be as cliche as every one else I didn't look up instead I closed my eyes and took this opportunity to take a nice nap, I heard people whispering and then ms star open her big fat mouth "can I help you young man?" "yeah, is this period 2 English" a deep husky voice asked hmm kinda sexy, but I kept my eyes shut "yes it is, you must be Drake, please take a seat and then we can continue with this lesson" I couldn't help but laugh, I heard a throat clear "miss Sanchez is there something you'd like to share with the class?" I opened my eyes "well yeah Im leaving, see ya" I said getting out of my seat and walking out the door "Maria get back in to this class room or ill have to report you to the principle" I ignored the old bitch and went to the parking lot.

Once I got to the place I call home I opened up the fridge "Maria is that you?" great now this bitch is gonna start with her bullshit as to why I should be at school "nope I'm just mugging you" "please don't talk back, it's not necessary" "and you asking stupid questions is? last I checked if I was a robber you'd probably be dead" "you know I've had enough of your behaviour and attitude, I took you in, you would be in a group home or living with a foster family If it wasn't for me and all you do is throw it in my face" "I never asked you to take me in if you can't deal with it then ill leave I never wanted to stay here anyway!" "Maria this has got to stop ever since our-" I cut her of "dont you dare bring that up! I don't wanna talk about it, who are you doing this for anyway Selena? huh? they're gone and now you think you can take their place" "Maria I lost them to, your my sister of course I'm gonna take you in" "then stop complaining! just fuck off!" I went to my room, I hated this shitty 2 bedroom apartment, it was so shit the whole apartment block was full of ex cons and junkies, I locked my door and threw my lamp across the room, I heard a knock at my door "Maria open up please Im sorry" "what do you want?" I asked opening my bedroom door "I'm leaving town for a couple of days, a week at the most, will you be okay home alone?" "yeah ill be fine" thank god she's leaving and I get the apartment to myself "okay, no party's no smoking in the apartment, no drinking and don't do anything illegal do you understand?" no "yes I get it I'm just gonna stay home and watch tv" she raised an eyebrow "and attend school" she said in a stern voice "yeah sure that too" she left my room and went to her own to get her bags "oh and one more thing Maria, don't leave the house late at night!" she yelled out from her room "yeah ok" lie "ill see you soon I left money on the counter that should be enough for the week" "yeah yeah see ya" I said and she left, hmm what to do on a Thursday night? I pulled out my phone coming up with a plan for the night 'party at mine 9pm apartment 10E Cresmont street' send to all contacts no doubt this house will be a mess, time to do some shopping, I grabbed the money off the counter what a bitch she only left $200.

I get to the bottle shop and pick up a few things "Can I please see some ID?" The guy behind the register asked, I handed him my fake ID, he raised his eyebrow but scanned the Drinks anyway, a case of beer a bottle of vodka, southern comfort and 2 bottles of jack Daniels "that's $125.30" he held his hand out I gave him $150 he handed me the change, now off to by some snacks I picked up some chips, dip and some chocolate I got back home and put the drinks in the fridge.