WHY HIM

DRAKE'S POV

I couldn't believe Chloe would bring that up, I can't believe I told Maria's painful secret. She's never going to speak to me again. I told Chloe to go home, Trent followed Maria out the back "fuck!" I yelled grabbing another drink, Sam hadn't moved yet "did you fuck her?" I ask him my jaw twitching "what?" Sam asked snapping out of his shock "did you fuck her?" I ask slower "that's none of your business bro" "anything to do with her is my business" I say glaring at him "not anymore, not after you took that stupid bitch up to your room" he says and walks towards the back "stay away from her, she doesn't need another fuck wit messing with her" I warn him, he walks out and I watch him go to Maria, he talks to her then hugs her, they make their way back in "Maria" I say but she doesn't even look at me "I'm sorry I couldn't stand there and listen to her say that she didn't know what she was talking about" she stops "she was just repeating what you said, just leave me the fuck alone" her and Sam leave "why the fuck wouldn't you tell me?" Trent asks his mad, beyond mad his livid "how could I? What was I going to say, hey dude I had to beat the fuck out of her sisters creepy boyfriend because he was trying to rape her. Again" he snapped his head "you mean he tried to do it again?!" I nod "I wanted to kill him Trent but I got her out of there instead" he looked at me "did you know this when you said she fucked him" I saw how much he was fighting himself hoping I didn't but knowing I did "yeah and it was the biggest mistake, I was trying to hurt her" he snapped "don't you think she's been hurt enough!" "Stay the fuck away from her, do you understand" "I fucked up man, I need to fix it" "if you want to stay friends you'll leave her alone" he walks out. Fuck!. Everyone leaves I go to bed furious at myself and Chloe, I wish I never went near that girl. I close my eyes and eventually pass out.

~~~~~~MONDAY~~~~~~

When I get to school Chloe tries to talk to me, I ignore her, she was pure fucking evil. I was no better. I'm standing out the front just wanting to see that Maria's okay, a motor bike rides right up to the front, the person on the back swings her leg off and removes the helmet, it was Maria, the driver took off his helmet, why the fuck was Sam dropping her off to school? They exchange some words and kissed. She started to walk away "I'll see you at 3!" Sam yells out she smiles but keeps walking, she doesn't even glance at me, she walks right by me and disappears into the sea of students "good now keep your distance from her" Trent says walking up to me "if she wants to talk to you then fine but I don't want you fucking with her head" he nods towards the front doors "let's go or we'll be late to class".

~~~~~~TWO MONTHS LATER~~~~~~

It's been two months since my party, two months since Maria talked or looked at me. Sam was dropping her off and picking her up everyday. Trent said they were dating and that he was treating her right, I couldn't help but be jealous. It's the last day of school before summer break, I'm in my last class of the day English with Mrs Star "okay I know it's the last day, I'm going to put you into pairs, I want you to find out 5 things from your assigned partner, and I want you to pick two of the things to share at the end of class" "okay so Chloe and Daniel, Teresa and frank, Sabrina and Kate, Maria and Drake" I zoned out after that, thank god she has to talk to me now. I get up and sit next to her "hey" I say she nods and starts writing "I think I'm supposed to tell you things about me" "I know enough" she continues to write "okay so what are you writing" she stops "Drake is an insecure asshole, he doesn't know how to shut his mouth, his a liar and cheater" "fair enough but that's only four things" she laughs "I'm also really sorry for being a giant douche bag" "you know what it doesn't matter, it would have come out eventually" she sighs "still I shouldn't have been the one to put it out there" she gave me a small smile "well let's get this assignment over with" we started the assignment and shared our 2 things. The bell rang and everyone rushed out of the class. Summer break finally. My phone buzzes when I'm about to get into my car I open up my phone and see Maria's name 'party at the old ware house 11pm, 1383 Fremont drive. Admission fee $10' I shoved my phone in my pocket and go home, I eat and text Trent 'Maria spoke to me today in our last class, we were paired up, you going to that party tonight?' His response came a minute later 'just make sure you don't fuck with her head, yeah I'm going, you?' 'Yeah I'll pick you up?' 'Sounds good' I showered and started getting ready around 9, I got to Trents at 10 "let's have some drinks before we go" Trent says leading the way to the kitchen he grabs a bottle of Johnny walker black and some glasses and pours some drinks "I'm surprised Maria spoke to you" he says taking a sip "yeah me too, she said it would of came out eventually but I know I shouldn't have been the one to say it" he nods "apparently Selena broke up with him, he was the one who beat her up that day we picked her up" I add "good she shouldn't have ever brought him back, she didn't believe he raped her. It's pretty fucked up" he agrees, we finish half the bottle and decide to take a cab, we get to the warehouse there's a massive line up and the music is pumping, we pay the admission fee and walk in, there's fluorescent lights and a girl with body paint walks up "you guys want some paint?" "Fuck yeah" Trent says "body or face?" Trent removes his shirt and she paints his chest, torso and back with some patterns, and then moves on to me, there's a DJ and a makeshift bar, we go and get some drinks "you guys made it" Maria says coming up to the bar, she's wearing a neon green bikini top black leather mini shorts her hair in 2 boxing braids, she has pink body paint on her breast and down her beautiful flat stomach they look like vines wrapping around her body her face has a similar design on her cheek bone that travels up near her green eyes "wouldn't miss it" I say smiling, she orders a few shots passing two down for me at Trent "where's Sam?" Trent yells over me "getting more ice for the bar!" Trent nods, we take our shots "hey babe got the ice, now let's dance!" Sam walks up behind Maria and wraps his arm around her waist.