Part 13 - Shuichi's P.O.V.

~WARNING~
There is blood in this chapter.
____________•~§~•____________

The next day, I woke up from the strangest dream. Kokichi and I were in his Ultimate Lab. He wanted to play the same game we played in the love hotel, however he wanted to be the detective and wanted me to be the supreme leader. I honestly had a lot of fun. It was nice to think of him without thinking about what happened yesterday.

I stood up and changed my uniform. I noticed his bandana around my neck. I must have put it on last night. After I finished getting ready, I headed to the Dining Hall. When I got there, I saw everyone, but Kokichi. I wouldn't blame him if he was still avoiding me.

Kirumi noticed me walk in and stopped me. "Have you seen Kokichi anywhere?" She looked worried, which was very unusual for her. "I knocked on his door, but he wouldn't answer." That's rare for him. He'd do anything for Kirumi since he sees her as a mother figure.

"No, sorry, but I can go looking for him." That's probably the last thing he wants, but it was the first thing I could think of to calm her down.

"Thank you." She hugged me. It felt like a hug a mother would give. Makes sense why Ouma sees her as his mom. Afterwards, she went back to cooking. I turned around, and headed back to the dorms. I know Kirumi said he didn't open the door, but he could be sleeping. He did look really tired yesterday.

Once I arrived at his dorm, I knocked on the door to see if he'd answer. "Hey Kokichi, it's me, Shuichi. Can I come in?"

...

He didn't answer. I twisted the door knob, and to my surprise, it was unlocked. I pushed the door open to see something that shocked me...

Kokichi was laying on the ground, unconscious. Blood was everywhere around him. I immediately ran towards him and checked his pulse. Good. He was alive. I rolled him over to see his head was covered in the pink liquid. It looks like he was either hit with a blunt object or hit his head really hard. I rushed back to the Dining Hall to get Kirumi.

When I got there, she was adding the finishing touches to what she was cooking. "Kirumi, I need your help. Quick!"

She wanted to respond, but instead just nodded and we ran back to his dorm room. Kirumi had the same reaction as me, once she walked in.

She rushed to his side.  Tojo looked up from examining his body. "Shuichi, can you get me a first aid kit? There should be one in Tenko's lab."

I nodded and ran towards the SHSL Aikido Master's Lab. While running, I noticed myself crying. I really hope he's alright. I went inside of the lab and quickly grabbed the first aid kit and rushed back.

When I arrived at Ouma's dorm, Kirumi was trying to clean the blood everywhere. She turned towards me. "Thank you." She quickly said. I handed her the first aid kit and started where she left off. As I was cleaning, Kirumi bandaged Kokichi's head. Then, she laid him on the bed.

"Shuichi." She walked towards me. I stood up. "He should be fine. He looked like he fell and hit his head pretty hard. You can go now if you would like." I could tell she was still trying to catch her breath.

I shook my head. "I'd rather stay here. You still have responsibilities to get back to."

She nodded. "If you need anything, please let me know." She headed towards the door.

"I will." I stared at Kokichi's unconscious body for a while. I sighed and went back to cleaning. Once I was finished, I sat on the end of his bed. He shouldn't be sleeping for that long, right?

I was wrong. It's been nearly 8 hours and he hasn't moved a inch. Kirumi came visit a few times when she had time to. I've only been crying, and looking through the love letters, which I now know are for me.

Sooner or later, I hear him wake up. "Shuichi, what are you doing in my room?" He rubbed his eyes and sat up. "And why does my head hurt so much?"

I sigh with relief. "We don't know. I found you on the ground, bleeding."

"We?"

"Kirumi and I." I put down the letter in my hand and sat next to him. "Are you alright?"

"Sort of. My head just hurts." He yawned. He seemed really tired.

"Kokichi, did you sleep at all last night?"

He looked down for a bit. "I don't think so."

"You don't think so?"

"I can't remember what happened last night. The last thing I remember is walking to-" He stopped himself and looked up at me. Seems like he remembered.

I put my hand on his and softly smiled at him. "Please tell me. I need to know to help you."

He took a deep breath before continuing. "I was walking to your dorm." Wait. Does that mean last night wasn't a dream?

"Why were you going to my room?" I said confused.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay." He went silent afterwards.

"Don't lie to me." I said firmly.

"Fine. I wanted to play a game with you." He looked back down. It's true. Last night wasn't a dream. Then, I bet that night during the Love Hotel wasn't a dream either.

I looked into his eyes. Tears were forming. I put my hand on his cheek. His eyes looked upwards, towards me. "I know why you were there, don't worry."

He started crying. "I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." He tripped over his words as he tried to apologize.

I wrapped my arms around him, bringing him into a hug. He stopped talking, and hugged me back. We hugged for a while before he decided to say something. "Shuichi?"

"Yes?"

"I-I love you."

"Yeah, I do too." My response shocked him. He broke our hug and gave me a genuine smile. He grabbed my face and pulled me in. His lips were really soft. Softer than the first time we kissed. Then again, I didn't feel the same way as I do now. We held our kiss until we heard someone at the door. I turned around. Kirumi stood there, with a tray of food.

"I see you're alright." Kirumi said, walking towards us. She placed the tray on the other side of Ouma. "Make sure you take a shower, Kokichi. You wouldn't want Shuichi to think you stink." She smiled at me.

He laughed. "Yes, mom."

Afterwards, she left, leaving the two of us alone again. "I should do what mom asked." I moved, so he could get up. He went to the bathroom and I heard the shower turn on. My cheeks turned red because of what just happened. I don't think I ever not liked Kokichi. There was always some part of me that loved him. He may lie, but he's also fun to be around. I'm proud to say, I love Kokichi Ouma.