Part 8 - Maki's P.O.V.

Earlier this morning when I was walking to the Dining Hall, I saw Shuichi. I decided to speak to him about last night. While we were talking, I noticed a certain purple haired liar watching us. Saihara went to investigate. I waited awhile before investigating as well. When I got there, Shuichi was knocked out and Kokichi was trying to pick him up. I stayed quiet, so that he wouldn't notice me. Ouma eventually started to drag him by his feet until they reached his room.

This morning (plus the night before with Monokuma) raised my suspicion of the relationship between Kokichi and Shuichi. I started investigating by looking into Saihara's room. Like Kokichi, I know how to lock-pick. (He lock-picked into everyone's Ultimate Labs.) I guess being an assassin comes in handy sometimes.

I looked around as I started messing with the door knob. While sneaking around, I heard a familiar voice behind me.

"Hey Maki Roll!" Kaito shouted. I love him, but he needs to learn what an indoor voice is. "What are you doing near Shuichi's room?"

I sighed and told him everything. Starting with Kokichi's strange behavior and ending with why I'm trying to get into Shuichi's room. I didn't want to lie to him, especially since we're dating now. Plus, I know he can be trusted.

Kaito smiled. "Well, I can help you. I'll guard you while you open the door." I nodded and he immediately turned around watching for anyone who would walk by. I continued lock-picking the door until it was open.

I poked Kaito on the shoulder. "Let's go." I took his arm and dragged him to Saihara's room.

"So, what are we looking for exactly?" He asked looking around the room.

I shut the door behind us. "Anything that suggests a relationship between Kokichi and Shuichi." I started searching in the desk on the other side of the room from Kaito.

"You mean like this?" I turned around to see Kaito pointing at a checkerboard bandana on Shuichi's shelf.

I walked towards Kaito and quickly kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you." I ripped the bandana off of the leg of the shelf. It was Ouma's bandana. Why is it here?

Kaito scratched the back of his head. "So, why is this here?"

"I don't know, but I think this could be related to why he kidnapped Shuichi."

"What!?" He dropped his hands. "Ouma took my partner!?" Kaito calls him that because he doesn't see them as friends. Neither does anyone else, but we all call him by his first name.

"Yes, I watched Kokichi knock Shuichi out before dragging him off to his room." I guess I forgot to tell him that part. I was able to stay calm, but Kaito started to get angry.

"That's it. We have to go save him." He ran out of Saihara's room. I retie the bandana before rushing after him. I know Kaito's about to do something irrational and I'm the only one who can stop him. When I arrive Kaito's holding Ouma by the throat. Shuichi is sitting on the bed, shocked at what's happening.

Kokichi notices me in the doorway. "H-Hey Maki, do you m-mind helping me?"

I want to help him, but this may be the only way to get information out of him. "Not until you answer some of our questions."

"Truthfully." Kaito adds.

"Fine. Just let me down." Kokichi's face was turning purple. I didn't think Kaito had this in him.

Kaito let go and Kokichi dropped down. I let him catch his breath before asking questions.

"Why did you kidnap Shuichi?" I asked walking towards him.

Shuichi looked surprised. "What? He didn't kidnap me. I passed out from a fever I've had."

Ouma nodded. "Ya, then I brought him to make sure he was okay. See?" He pointed to a tray that had food on it.

I narrowed my eyes on them. "Then what about the relationship between you two?"

Shuichi quickly jumped up from the bed. "What are you talking about? There isn't anything going on between us. I thought I told you that when we talked this morning."

I looked at Ouma, who looked depressed. "Would you mind verifying this Kokichi? That you two are just friends."

His head shot up and he smiled his usual cheeky grin. "You know, you're really smart. I didn't think anyone would figure that we were dating."

I was shocked. I mean, I know that was what I was trying to make him say, but it shocked me that Shuichi was also shocked. "What are you talking about Kokichi? We aren't dating, you're just lying."

"Aww, are you ashamed of being in love with me? It's fine, it's just Kaito and Maki. I'm sure they don't mind." Kokichi walked over to Shuichi, taking his hand. Shuichi stayed silent, but still looked sort of confused.

"Of course Maki Roll and I are okay with it. We're just surprised." Kaito smiled. Correction: He's surprised, I wasn't. Ever since I saw Shuichi walk out of this room, I knew that they were most likely together. I'm just still suspicious since Kokichi speaks in lies.

"Nee-heehee! I knew you would be. No one would ever guess Saihara-Kun likes a liar like me." Ouma laughs.

"I told you not to call me that." Shuichi mumbled, lowering his head. That sentence made me realize this all must be true. Kokichi wouldn't call him such a stupid name unless they were dating.

"Well, I guess we should go." I looked at Kaito, who was still smiling. I took his arm and pulled him out of the room.

"What was that for? I thought he we were going to ask more questions. I mean, what if Ouma's lying? " He asked once I shut the door behind us.

"Trust me, he isn't." I let go of Kaito. "Let's go to the Dining Hall." He nodded and we left the Dormitory. I guess I shouldn't worry about them anymore. My main now is that they might leave the Academy before we do.