Part 1 - Shuichi's P.O.V.

Another day of being stuck in this school. I sighed and sat up, looking around my room. Everything looked the same as usual. I reach to grab my hat on my dresser, but I don't feel it. I turn around and it's gone. I quickly stand up. Where did it go? Where could it have gone, it's a hat? Maybe I left it in the dining hall. I quickly change my uniform and head over there. It was still dark outside, and I was still tired.

Once I arrived, I saw Kokichi eating. He seemed really cheerful. I looked up and saw a black hat on his head. My hat. To be honest, it looked really good on him.

A loud thud came from the door behind me. Kokichi's head immediately moved towards me. He gave me one of his extremely happy, yet creepy, smiles.

"Aww, looks like you caught me." He took off my hat and put it in front of a different chair. "Come eat with me Shuichi." He sounded very happy. You'd think he'd be sad that I caught him stealing my hat.

"Umm... Kokichi, why did you take my hat?" I walked towards the table and sat down in the chair near my hat. That's when I noticed he had a plate full of cookies sitting in front of him. I honestly don't think he could eat that many cookies alone, no matter how hungry he was.

"Well I wanted to see how far you would go to get back. Plus, I get bored eating by myself, so I thought you can eat with me." He pushed the plate of cookies between us. I want to believe that he's telling the truth, but all he does is lie, so I can't be too sure. There are too many holes in his statement. Might as well make him answer my questions.

"Kokichi?"

"Ya?" He asked with a mouthful of cookies.

"How did you know that I would be up around this time?" I waited for him to finish his cookies before getting my answer.

"Simple, I didn't. Nee-heehee. I just waited and hoped you'd come before it was morning." His signature laugh rang in my head like a really annoying bell. It was mainly followed by a lie. He wouldn't wait for me, he's the Ultimate Supreme Leader. I don't think any supreme leader would wait on anyone, especially someone who doesn't deserve a super high school level talent. I stayed silent.

"Shuichi? Are you going to eat?" I shook my head and closed my eyes. Ouma stayed just as cheerful. "Is it because I woke you up during an exciting dream? Were you stopping a criminal in your sleep? That's what I dreamt about." He started humming to a song.

I thought about my dream last night and he was surprisingly right. I remember I was in the Love Hotel and the person I was with was acting like they were a criminal. It was actually Kokichi. He pretended to be a criminal and I had to stop him, but I failed. He escaped before I fully knew what was happening. I remember him saying that he wanted my eyes to be on him. Does that mean he wanted me to watch whatever villainous deed that he was going to do? Or was it a warning? I should stop thinking about it, it was only a dream. It could just be completely random. When I snapped back into reality I noticed what Kokichi said.

"Wait, what did you dream of exactly?" I had to know for certain if the dreams are similar.

He seemed to get too excited to answer. "Oh, I was a criminal being chased around by a cop. I had planned to blow up an entire building, but the cop stopped me." I sighed in relief. His dream seems different than mine. With that out of the way I continued eating the cookies.