Chapter 18 // SURPRISE, SURPRISE

" okay guys , I think that's it. We should all be heading home now" Linda walked in the family room and everyone started headed towards the door, Dominic going to thank his father " ahh, except you young lady " she stopped Melanie in her tracks " I've watched you grow into this young woman that you are today and I know we haven't gotten along through everything, but I absolutely love you,Melanie, I'm so proud of you and who you've become" she gripped the young girls shoulders and Melanie watched as her mother got teary eyed " I'm so grateful for you " " thank you so much mom" she hugged her mother" here " Linda handed Melanie a golden tassel " this is what your grandma gave me when I moved in with your father. You put it on your door for good luck " Melanie smiled, taking the tassel and putting it on the bedroom door " thank you mom, really " she hugged her mother. She had never seen her so empathetic about anything she'd done, only for Georgia and TJ , so she was beyond shocked to see her emotions for her today .

Dominic and Melanie, hand and hand, waved to their family and to Dominics father as they drove off from the house, and she instantly laid eyes on him " what is it ?" " nothing it's just .. we did it " " thank you Melanie, for helping me become this man that I am today " " thank you for helping me too, I wouldn't be out of that town if it weren't for you " he picked her up bridal style and Melanie giggled" I should've done this when we bought the place " he says and his accent is more evident than ever " you should have mister Harrison ".

Melanie and Dominic were watching Buzz-feed Unsolved on the T.V. while eating candy, Mel in-between doms legs as he rubbed her back " baby " "hm ?" " I think I can give you what you were asking for now " " mmm , and what's that " he slowly started to kiss her back and she moaned , gripping his arm that held her in place by her waist. He picked her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist as he toke her up to their room, laying her on the bed" I'll take this back now " he chuckled as he removed his T- Shirt she wore off of her. Melanie found herself giggling too, then she stopped. Her stomach tightened and she instantly pushed Dominic off of her gently, running to the bathroom.

It had been 10 minutes now and Dominic had a tight grip on Melanie's hair, staring her down in fear as she vomited in the toilet repeatedly.   He patted her back for awhile while she cried in his chest " baby .. what'd you eat ?" " I ate some pickles, then I had some peanut butter and an ice cream sandwich during that break we toke " " where the hell did you get an ice cream sandwich ? " she looked off into the room " I have my ways " Dominic looked her in the eyes and found himself laughing into her hair " everyday you remind me why you're the perfect choice for me " she pouted then looked up at the counter. She grabbed her feminine bag and pulled out her calendar, Dominic getting up and brushing his pants off.

" I'm late " she whispered " " babe what ?" He asked , not realizing what she meant " I-I'm late"

They both stared at each other in the bathroom mirror, neither one able to form a sentence, but what was going through their head was the exact same.

Fuck