Chapter 20// " I'm OK"

Dominic grew impatient as his mother walked beside his sister, now everyone standing by each other. He hasn't seen them all in such a long time he never had time to study their faces from the other side of a computer screen. Now he could see them for who they were and what they had grown to be. Adonis gripped his fathers hand it instantly brought Dominic back to reality. He stared at his little sister and quickly a smile grew on his face " you fucking bloke !" He ran to her and ruffled up her hair causing her to laugh aloud. Dominic hugged his family together tightly as his mother began to cry beside him" and we've brought some of your things!" " yeah, no fun getting them through airport security man" his sister pushed him. His mother pulled out his old soccer ball that he played with daily in the back yard " wow ... thank you guys so much" he smiled fondly at his family once more before remembering his new family stood right behind him. Dominic reaches behind him for Melanie and jerked her to his side catching her completely off guard " Dominic !" She said but was caught off by his introduction " this is my wife Melanie " he smiled big " and this is my son, Adonis " he picked his boy up and his mother's eyes instantly started to tear up" oh Dominic you've built yourself your own family, I couldn't be more proud of you" she gripped his other hand, seconds before cupping Melanie cheeks " thank you for taking care of my boy" Melanie was quick to hug the woman back when she dug into her. She had never seen such a happy family, not even her own. It made her feel whole and somewhat not alone knowing that Dominic wasn't completely alone in America anymore.

" and he swore he'd change his own diaper I mean daily but he would run around with it full all day" " MOM!" Dominic shouted trying to control his laughter, becoming even more engulfed in it as Melanie held her mouth closed " you were really the show boat hm?" She spoke to Dominic making him lightly pat her lap " dada " Adonis reached up for his father and Dominic instantaneously picked him up " and what about you little man? Are you a fan of diaper changes?" Adonis's grandmother asked, reaching to hold him. As he finally got into her arms Adonis lightly nudges towards his aunt to which she obliges " what do you feed him" the table erupted in laughter.

"Dominic, I never got to tell you this but I am extremely proud of you. Not only did you move to a foreign country but you made a family for yourself here, a new life! "Dominic's mother said to him as him and her walked quietly around his house "Mom, I wanted to make sure that whoever I settle down with I gave them more than my father ever gave you "his mom looked at him with such adoration in her eyes, she finally felt like she could be proud of herself for how she raised him because obviously he turned out amazing. She always felt so upset with herself because Dominic experienced the worst out of her children, growing up with an absent and abusive father as well as not being able to communicate all the time about how he felt, she knew that she was lucky to have such an intelligent child as him. Tears started to purple from her eyes to which he wiped them off and he hugged her tightly "you don't have to worry about me anymore Mom, I'm happy... I'm OK"