PART 7- I'm Coming

Lust and Envy now stood before Father in his underground lair. 

"Envy." Father said in his powerful voice. It boomed around the area and echoed off the walls.

Envy gulped. "Yes Father?" He stood tall, not wanting to anger Father.

Father just stared down at Envy before answering. "It seems there were a few...mishaps on the island. You were not able to find it, I take it?"

"No."

Father sighed. "How disappointing." 

Then in a blink of an eye, Father had Envy pinned down. Envy cried out in surprise, he didn't see him coming. Lust had calmly stepped to the side, knowing better than to go against Father's will. Envy looked to her for help, but all she had been able to manage was a small pitiful look.

Envy then felt a slice of pain along his back. Father had taken a knife and drawn a line down his backside. It was only just deep enough to bleed a bit. He took the knife again and traced the line again, making it deeper.

Envy whimpered. This is for Edward, he told himself. For Ed.

Father worked faster, harder. Red sparks came from Envy's body, but Father's presence didn't help him regenerate. He was in so deep you could practically see his bone. And the red glow of his philosopher's stone. Ever so gently, Father poked the jelly-like core of Envy's existence. 

"Ah!" Envy yelped. that was more pain than Envy had ever felt.

Father slipped his finger inside and delicately stroked his stone. "What would it be like, I wonder, to mess with the stone..." He murmured. "How much would it take...before it is destroyed? How much pain would the carrier of the stone go through before he himself dies?"

Father leaned down to Envy and whispered in his ear. "Why don't we find out?"

Edward ran through the streets of Central. He had to find Envy, he had to. He asked many people if they had seen a human palm tree or a big-boobed woman come by. They all said no.

An elderly woman suddenly stopped him. "Did you say they both bore the same tattoos?"

"Yes! Have you seen them?" Ed said breathlessly.

"They went that way." The woman pointed down a dark alleyway a few meters away.

"Thank you! I will repay you for your services!" Ed rushed down the alleyway but didn't find anything. 

That's when he thought he heard the sound of someone screaming. A male scream.

The sound came from a hidden vent. Edward opened it cautiously and found stairs leading down into darkness. Ed knew Envy was down there.

"I'm coming." He whispered to himself.

He hurried down stairs that led down to a long sewer that Edward assumed led to wherever Envy was. Suddenly he heard the sounds of growling and he turned to face dozens of red-eyed chimeras. "Just great." He muttered.

A flash of armor suddenly went by him.

"Brother!" He heard the armor say.

"Alphonse! What are you doing here?"

"I wasn't going to let you go alone!" Al said. "Haven't we already been away from each other long enough? We need to get our bodies back."

Ed laughed. "I concur! But I need to get down there!"

"I can hold them off, brother. Go on ahead."

"Are you sure?"

"JUST GO DUMBASS!" The chimeras had started to launch themselves at Al, and blue sparks flew in the air, as Alphonse fended them off. 

"Thanks Al!" Edward yelled as he ran down the hallway, killing a few chimeras along the way. 

He could now definitely identify that the screams were Envy. Each shriek was a blow to his heart.

Large doors materialized in front of Ed. He destroyed the doors with his alchemy, and found himself in a large room with many pipes.

"ENVY!!!"

*Hahaha cliffhangers...