PART 3- Captive

Ed spent the day walking the layout of the island. When the sun had gone past it's high point, Ed was ready to give up. "Is he even here?!" Ed kicked a rock into the shrubbery and there was a loud "OW!"

There was a rustling of vines and bushes and Envy emerged. He was covered in dirt and leaves and was rubbing his head. A thin ribbon of blood travelled from underneath his headband and down to his chin. "What was that for?!"

"I didn't know you were there!"

"Didn't your mommy tell you not to throw things because someone could get hurt?" Envy said mockingly.

Edward flinched. Envy grinned, knowing he had hit a weak spot. "Well, see ya!" He walked away, thinking he had won.

 "I need answers, Envy." Ed said with as much seriousness as he could muster.

Envy turned around. "You really want to do this now? Fine then."

In an instant, Envy had transformed his arm into a snake and had coiled it around Edward.

"ENVY!"

The snake bit him in the leg, and Edward became unconscious.

Envy carried Ed over to the temporary campsite he had made on the island and leaned him against a boulder. He remained unconscious but Envy knew he would wake up soon.

Envy sat in front him, observing him carefully. In a way he looked like cute when he was asleep. 

Envy's face burned. Did he really just have that thought?

His heart thumped and he put his face close to his. Envy couldn't take it anymore, he wanted to put his arms around him, and whisper into his ear, and have him all to himself. Envy felt his lips brush against his equally to the touch of a feather, and immediately pulled back.

No, Envy had to concentrate. He couldn't fail his mission again. He couldn't get distracted like he did last time. His feelings were just obstacles, they weren't real.

Now would be the perfect time to do it. With easy effort, Envy could easily end his life in a few seconds with just a flick of his wrist.

Envy transformed his arm into a long dagger, similar to what Edward did to his own automail arm in battle.

Just as he was about to shove the dagger into his heart, Ed stirred and his eyelids opened.

Envy froze.

Edward opened his eyes and saw Envy standing over him, his arm a long metal point. They both stared at each other for a second until Edward broke the silence. "What the fuck!"

Envy looked startled, but regained his cool. "You should have expected that, you know. You're such a weakling." He transformed his arm back to normal and looked away from Edward "Look, I am here for Father. But.." He struggled with his words. "I need your help."

"Why should I help out someone like you?"

Envy growled. He walked over and punched Ed in the stomach. "You, you...fucking-" He shook his head. 

"Envy you idiot."

Envy stopped.

"I was awake the whole time. Your snake bit my automail. I just wanted to see what you would do with me.

Envy's face flushed with embarrassment. He opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. 

Envy gnashed his teeth. "Alright Elric. If you're going to play it that way..." He walked over and smashed Ed's automail arm. "You work for me now, got it? And if you dare try to make a fool out of me again, you'll be punished. Understood?"

Ed's eyebrow twitched. He was completely vulnerable and had no escape. He could only hope that Izumi would come back for him soon. "Just answer me this. What are you doing here exactly?"

Envy grunted angrily. "Just shut up."