Regret and Sorrow...

I kept looking down.

"What have I done..." I sobbed.

"Christina's gone, because of me... She's dead. It's all my fault." I cried cradling my hands to my chest.

Just then the squad entered the room to see me crying.

"Y/N, are you okay?" Yuu said running to my side.

"No... I killed her... I killed my best friend. We were suppose to go home together..." I said sobbing even harder.

"But you didn't mean to kill her so it's not your fault!" Kimizuki butted in.

"But I did and now she's never coming back!" I yelled.

"Yeah but-" Shinoa put a hand on Yuu's shoulder before he could continue.

"Let's leave her alone for now. Right now she just needs time to herself." Shinoa said.

"She's right." Mitsuba said.

"Wait, before we go, there's something Christina gave to me to give to you. She said give this to you if something happened to her." Yoichi said handing me a letter addressed to me.

I opened it and started to read it.

Dear Y/N,

I know by the time you're reading this something has already happened to me. I knew that the longer we stayed here the chances of my survival were low... But I just want you to know everyday and every moment I shared with you has been the most I could have ever wished for. From the moment I was born, I had nothing. Nobody to lean on until I met you. And when you came up to me shouting we should be friends, I, for the first time in years could feel my heart beating again. And it's because I met you that I don't have any regrets. If I were to die tomorrow or even today all I would want in my last moments is to be with you, because I love you. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me. You gave me a reason to live. And because of that. I love you, Y/N. Thank you for everything.

Your Best Friend,

Christina

I set the paper down.

'She found a reason to live in me... So that means I have to keep on living for her sake.'

I looked out the window.

"I will continue living on for Christina. I will not give up on living, because of her." I said determined.

My new goal from now on is to continue living and to survive this world and go home!

...