Chapter 9 - Payback

Chapter 9 - Payback

Sarah stepped onto the ice and began to walk over to me.

I looked over to my family and saw them all looking at me in shock. I had no idea what was going on.

I studied Quintus, who was standing on the edge of the bank looking at us. Sarah was getting closer. I gripped my wand, and stayed alert. Lucky for me it became evident that the six figures that ran into the forest had been Quintus' minions. Well... at least that gives me a little bit more of a chance... Sarah was now about 20 feet away from me, her high heals clicking on the ice. I wished so much that she would just fall straight through! I looked down at my own shoes and gasped as i saw my reflection in the ice. That's me? I thought to myself

Looking back at me was a girl with pale blond/white looking hair, milky almost airbrushed face and her eyes... They weir glowing light blue. Not in a scary way... it was just a shock. She actually looked nice.

 Confused, i looked back up at to my family for help. But as i turned away from Sarah, she took her chance.

"Expelliarmus!" She yelled  

"Protego!" I yelled quickly as i could. I was just in time.

Then Sarah began to get creative. She shot spells at me none stop. I deflected each one. Then i got angry.

Confundus i thought quickly. to my delight It worked.  I'd never sent a spell without opening my mouth before. And i decided i loved it! Sarah looked around dizzily and babbling. I couldn't help but laugh out loud.

"Finite Incantatum!" Someone yelled to my right. I turned to see Quintus point his wand at Sarah

CHEAT! That was against the rules. 'well...' I thought to myself 'If they can cheat, so can i' Conjunctivitis I thought sending it over to Quintus. Again i was delighted to see the curse work. Quintus stumbled around blindly. I turned back in time to See Sarah shoot a huge rock at me.

"Reducto!" I screamed, and the rock exploded just in front of me sending me flying back because of the force and landed with a thud on the ice. Thanking the ridiculously cold weather for freezing the lake so much, i stood up feeling a little dizzy.

"Sectumsempra!" Sarah screamed. I tried to deflect it... but was too late. I flew back again. When i landed, pain shot through my whole body, and i screamed. Through ringing ears i heard my friends calling me. I couldn't answer. I could hear Sarah's delighted giggling near me.

I managed to sit up and saw her slowly walking towards me. "Beautiful Sarah!" Quintus shouted from the bank, now free from is visual impairment.

"Thank you daddy!" she giggled

Great. Happy family's. I looked down at myself and saw blood covering me. I moaned as i realized it was mine. I was in trouble.

Nevaeh. someone said. I looked around, wiping tears from my eyes. Fight Nevaeh. You must fight. The voice told me. I decided to obey. I took a deep breath, gritted my teeth, and got up.

Well, that wiped the smile off Sarah's face. 

I smiled at her, ignoring my pain as much as i could.

"Expelliarmus!" She screamed. My wand flew out of my hand. I wasn't bothered. I decided that it was time for everyone to see what i could do. I knew that this would probably be felt my every magical creature within about 300 miles of me... but i didn't care. This was payback.

I clenched my hands into fists and grinned as i felt my energy surround them. Raising my hands I saw my magic swirling around them. It was so bright it illuminated the whole lake. I prepared myself. Gathering my magic and shot it straight at Sarah. It hit her dead on.

She even tried to shield herself! It was useless.

It burned through her shield and sent her flying 30 feet in the air. When she plummeted back onto the ice it cracked and she fell straight though. I grinned and looked up to see Quintus staring disbelieving at the broken ice. "Nevaeh! Her bag!" Hermine shouted over to me.

SHIT! She has the book! and the necklace!

I took off my shoes and ran over to the hole, ignoring my feet as they protested at the freezing temperature. looking down, i saw the water sloshing around inside. It was so dark it looked black.

Gritting my teeth i jumped in. It hurt!

I opened my mouth in a silent scream as the wanted stung at my skin and shocked my body. Looking round i saw nothing, Just blackness.

Lumos i thought.  My wand lit up the water, and i saw at the bottom Sarah's little blue bag. I tried to swim down but found it unsuccessful. It was too cold.

I'm going to have to change I thought to myself. Using all the energy i could muster i changed into my animal form. A snowy white dog. My mother told me to only do this when i have to because i don't want someone to see it and it to be documented. I was unknown in this form.

I swan down quickly and grabbed the bag in my mouth. Though i had no light because i couldn't exactly hold my wand in my hand, i remembered where the bag was. I looked around quickly and saw no sign of Sarah lighting up the water. Feeling slightly guilty about her fate i swam up to the top and burst through the surface.

I managed to get out and change back. Then wished i hadn't. It was even colder! Clutching the bag to my chest i slowly stood up.

I was about to take a shaky step forward but something grabbed hold of my ankleand began pulling me back into the water.

Sarah.

I was panicking so much that i began to find it hard to breath. I was going into shock. I threw the bag away from the hole and reached for my wand which was lying on the floor just in front of me.My friends weir screaming at me. As i reached for my wand, Sarah tugged my leg even harder and i fell back into the water. With no wand. Everything went black again, and i felt Sarah hands around my neck. 

How could she still be alive?

I tried to get free from her grip, my lungs screaming for air, but it was useless. Giving up i went limp in her arms.

I closed my eyes, and surrendered to the water...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DON DON DOOOON!!!! :D

Tell me what you think!!!

Next chapter should be up tonight or tomorrow!!

Comment!! Vote!! Fan!!

If you think i should change anything then let me know!!

And if you want anything to be put into the next chapter just ask me!!

Thanks!!

Merry Christmas!!!

XxxemilyxxX