Chapter 4 - Family

Chapter 4 - Family

"I met your mother shortly after i left school. She was very secretive at first, but was appointed as a spy for the order. Only a few members knew about her. Dumbledore was very fascinated by her race..." He paused and looked at me. "She didn't tell you anything did she? About what she was..."

I shook my head, not knowing how to respond. Why didn't my mum tell me any of this? I felt betrayed by her in a way...

"She didn't tell you... for reasons unknown to me. But i don't think that she would have not told you because she didn't trust you or for any reason like that... i think that if she didn't tell you... it was for your safety, not spite."

This did make me feel a little better... but there was still doubt in the back of my mind.

"Her father went missing three years before i met her. He was a 637 year old vampire... give or take a few years." He said nonchalantly

My jaw dropped. VAMPIRE! "A-are you serious! Tell me you're joking, please!"

"I'm not joking." We stood in silence for a few seconds, he didn't say anything... i think he was making sure i wasn't going to go hysterical.

"What about her mother?" I asked finally

"...Angel."

That was about all i could take. I slid down the wall and sat down, thinking hard. What the hell am i? My head went into overload and the light above me began to flicker. Sirius came and sat down besides me."Why are those men after me?" I asked whilst trying to calm myself

Sirius shook his head sadly "I don't know.

"Well what do i do?" I asked, my voice shaking. I couldn't hold it in any longer, tears rolled down my cheeks. I looked away, not wanting him to see me like this. The light flickered more violently.

"Shhhhh." He cooed, putting an arm round me. It felt so strange, i hardly knew this guy, but it made me feel better. After pulling myself together i finally asked the question that had been playing on my mind for the last two days.

"What should i do?" I asked again, this time more urgantly

Sirius pondered my question for a few seconds. "Well." he said standing up. "You live here with me. The order will keep you safe." He held out a hand. I took it.

"What then?" I asked

"We sort out a proper room for you." He chuckled "Now i don't want you to worry about this. I will sort everything out." He smiled at me reassuringly.

"Thanks..." dad. I couldn' say it. The idea felt strange

He grinned.

"Now, i suspect that you're hungry. Dinner is being served." He took my hand and led me to my new family.

And for once, i actually felt... safe.

---------------------------------------------------------

Tell me what you think!!

Vote and fan!!

emily xoxo